Flying LH in J for first time this weekend. BOS-FRA-DOH

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by mht_flyer, Nov 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Generally I'm in coach (unless I upgrade using miles or SWUs on CO/UA) however, for a first in my 7 years of frequent travel, a customer has approved business class travel. :)

So, I've decided to fly the most sensible routing that also gets me CO/UA miles. I've booked LH from BOS-FRA-DOH (If I had to go Y, I would have flown CO/UA as far as I could to have gotten upgrades) but this is a way better routing instead of BOS-EWR-FRA-DOH.

Looking forward to it. What should I expect? Is the seating in J as good as CO flat bed seats? How about meals and meal selections, IFE, etc?

BOS-FRA is a 744, FRA-DOH is a A330.

I've flown LH a few times in the past but all in Y (OSL-FRA and a FRA-MAA-FRA).

Thanks all.

2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    cennas and Lufthansa Flyer like this.
  3. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll check it out.

How do you think they compare with UA or CO J, about the same or better/worse? Basically I've only flown J on UA, CO and US so if they are inline with those, I think my expectations will be fine then :)

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  4. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I fly LH J several times a year and have no problems with the product. Food is good, service is consistent. Depending on the 744, you may have Wifi across the atlantic, but there are not many 744's equipped since their life expectancy is shrinking due to the 748's coming on line beginning middle of next year. Other than LX, I would fly LH over the Atlantic over any other carrier.

JohnDeere19, cennas and mht_flyer like this.
  5. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've started flying LH again this year after a 5-year absence and so far have done 6 flights in J with 2 more scheduled before the end of the year. The seat, while not the greatest, works for me. Food is good and the FAs are (surprisingly) consistently friendly and hard working. Really, for me, it's always a pleasure to fly LH.

6. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds pretty good, looking forward to my flights tomorrow. I know in BOS they have a new LH lounge as well which will be nice to check out I recall the old shared one when I flew LX a few years ago being on the small side.

7. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Enjoy your flight. Should be comfortable. If you are planning to do this trip on a regular basis in business- you may want to consider the Miles&More program as you get 200% of miles flown credit when flying business on LH

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  8. The only thing i don´t like is sometimes the Business Lounges in FRA are crowded. If you fly a lot Lh you can become Senator, and the loungers are very nice.

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  9. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:

NewbieRunner and cennas like this.