flying LH 1st out of CDG, please help

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by vike, Apr 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. vike
    Original Member

vike Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am flying CDG-FRA (Bus), FRA-ORD (1st). I hear CDG is not the easiest to manage and would appreciate any directions and help anyone might offer.

I will be arriving to CDG by TGV train from Tours, France, at about 10:30 am. Does anyone know the best way to get to the right terminal (which one?) and directions to the best lounge for relaxing? My departure to FRA is 2 pm.

Thanks in advance

2. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    According to the wikipedia on CDG (LINK: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris-Charles_de_Gaulle_Airport) it looks like LH flies out of Terminal 1. I have never arrived to CDG via the TGV, but I would assume there is some sort of shuttle train/bus that will take you between the terminals if the TGV station is not in Terminal 1.

Otherwise, you are correct IMO - I don't find CDG to be the easiest airport to manage either.

3. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. synd
    Original Member

synd Silver Member

Status Points:
    to go from the station to T1 (where LH flies) take the train shuttle. once in T1 go up one level and checkin.
    Looking at the desks, the F/C/*G lines are on the right handside.

You have two lounges at CDG you can use, both have pros & cons.
    LH : inside the departure satellite, after security, so when time to depart you can just take the lift to the departure level and walk into the plane. Time from lounge to plane no more than 5 minutes... Pros: average food, decent drinks. Cons: no windows, it"s a basement lounge... small one main room, but never had a problem finding a chair though.

Star Alliance Lounge: I like to go there first, because it's the only place inside CDG where you can have a smoke, as it as a little outside patio. Much bigger size, bu the food and beverages are of lower quality. It has some nice chairs in a quiet area to have a rest. The main con when flying LH is the location. If you want to go there at check in you need to ask a lounge pass for the *A lounge. Then you have to pass a passport check, as it's in a non schengen zone. Second issue when goign to your flight, is you need to reenter schengen (ie second passport check, which can very quick if no one in front of you, or it might also take a while), and then pass security in the LH satellite.

If you want you could do some lounge hoping, and do both, first the * A one and then the LH. Finally once you're in the LH satellite you can't get out of it anymore, except by boarding your plane...

There is a priority security check for SENS & C flyers on the left handside once you exit the tunnel and the automatic walkways. You'll have to scan your boarding pass at the entrance.

Hope this helps.

5. vike
    Original Member

vike Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks so much. This is the perfect amount of help. I appreciate the detailed response.

6. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any changes/updates to the lounge info discussed above?

7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's a new AC lounge now between 2A/2C in CDG. It is only open in the mornings.