flying into MIA from POS

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by nikki17, Jul 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

?

my flight leaves from POS to MIA , MIA to DCA , DCA to JFK yes i know alot of connecting I would li

1. urgent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. help

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. nikki17

nikki17 New Member

Status Points:
    hi, this is my 1st time flying with american airlines with connecting Flights
    my flight leaves from POS to MIA , MIA to DCA , DCA to JFK yes i know alot of connecting
    I would like to know which side of the plane should i be seated to get amazing views of each landing point also when returning it would be from JFK to MIA , from MIA to POS

thank you

2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Approach to MIA is not very impressive, and will be either from the East (better view) or the West (meh) -- always against the wind. You can check the wind direction here. Once you know the direction of approach (and it can change at the last moment), pick the side of the plane facing away from the sun (i.e. North for most of the day).

Approach to JFK is often pretty far from any interesting landmarks. Don't know much about DCA. But for more comfortable viewing, I would pick the side of the plane that's expected to be away from the sun.

3. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Like it was said the runway direction of the airports will determine the best view, however those are ever changing, sometimes 2x or more an hour in weird weather.. The best view from those airports would probably be the left side of the aircraft IF (that's a BIG if) DCA is landing to the south and visibility is good. In that case you should get good views of the DC landmarks