Flying in First to Munich; can I use Frankfurt FCT later that day?

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by cm2, Jul 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. cm2

cm2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm flying on an award ticket, all on Lufthansa metal, in first from Boston to Munich, in business from Munich to Frankfurt, and then business from Frankfurt to JNB. (I couldn't get an award ticket non-stop from Boston to Frankfurt.)

I have a long layover in Frankfurt and am planning on leaving the airport. When I return to FRA, may I use the First Class Terminal as I will have arrived that morning on a Lufthansa first class flight, and am flying out on a Lufthansa flight? Sorry if this has been answered before -- I searched this site and the Lufthansa site and couldn't find an answer.

NYBanker likes this.
  2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP!

Sadly, no. You must be departing a FCT city in LH F to use the lounge, or hold an HON Circle card.

Here are rules (down at the bottom): http://www.lufthansa.com/online/por...t_the_airport?nodeid=3281713&l=en&cid=1000390

The rule for the FCT seems to be, "if in doubt, we won't let you in!"

3. cm2

cm2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for the quick reply, NYBanker. Am I correct that means I can still use the first class lounge in Munich while connecting, but in Frankfurt will only have access to Senator (I'm Star Gold) or Business lounges? If so, am I better off taking a later from Munich to Frankfurt so I have first class lounge access?

Also, any sense whether I'm eligible for a Kempinski day room in Frankfurt? Lufthansa.com doesn't state you have to be a First Class passenger arriving in that city, but does that fall into the "if in doubt, we won't let you in" category?

Thanks again.

4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not a problem.

I'll have to leave you in others' hands on these questions...not sure how LH views arriving F pax for FCL (separate from FCT) access or the hotel access. Someone here will know.

5. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    FCL is fine for same-day access.