Flying Gold Elite Plus flying on Delta

Discussion in 'Flying Blue | Air France, KLM/Partners' started by chef4u, Jun 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will be flying on Delta in August. I have no status on Delta, but do have "Gold" on Flying Blue. If choose to add the miles to my Delta account, can I still take advantage of the perks of Gold status just by showing my card? For example, do I have lounge access in ATL? Do I get priority boarding? I've read were some people check in on one program and then change to another just prior to boarding.Any information/insight is appreciated.

2. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not really. Your status Skyteam Elitep will be printed on the BP. Given that 3/4 of Atlanta is Platinum or Diamond :) Lounge access is rather restricted.

3. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Elite Plus on Skyteam will get you priority boarding. It will not give lounge access unless you are on an international itinerary.

4. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is ATL-YYZ considered International?

5. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    No... "Overseas" would have been a more accurate statement. Sorry.

chef4u likes this.
  6. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    At this stage, priority boarding will be just fine. I hate the mad dash to get overhead bin space.

7. psollitt
    Original Member

psollitt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi all ...this may make you laugh / cry / shout and rant ... but anyway ..

I had a sal-atl-man trip a few months ago.. the check in agents at sal were not exactly observant... as one of our party of 9 people had an expired ( 3 years previous ) kl/af gold card ... ( as he had lost his silver card / ivory what ever status he now has :rolleyes:) so I checked us all in ... got to the gate .. then just before boarding got the .. "mr psollitt ...please come to the desk ".. wooho ! upgraded 2nd to last on the upgrade list ! me as a LTPE with KLM I knew how hard these can be to snag .. got back to our lot .... then over the tannoy my associate ( with the very expired gold card ... which i then realised showed on his BP ) got called to have the final complimentary upgrade to C ! unfortunately he talks a lot ... and he was sat next to me ! :( ... ( :D )

delta obviously don't have an actual link to peoples status only what at check in they manually input ...