Flying for flying sakes

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Lalala, Feb 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Lalala
    Original Member

Lalala Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a one way return from CDG on AF I booked as part of a RT that I really only needed the outbound portion. I picked a return date out of the air for a few months after I ticketed the outbound. That time has now come. I can probably move the ticket again, without penalties. Honestly, I don't know if I want to go (gasp) to Paris, stay one day and shop, eat and see one exhibition, just to fly back from Paris. I know that I don't want to use a one way award on AA that would be cheaper (just) mileage wise than booking another RT AF award in coach to allow me to use my AF J return, because of the 15 hours in transit I will have to endure from SEA that would be in coach. I think redeeming another AF Y ticket is the least painful option to get there.
    I visit Paris at least three or four times a year serving as a chocolate, salt, macaron, gaufres, muji and other comestible mule to my friends and family. I am also used to being very efficient with my time and can see and do a lot in the one day I will be on the ground, just ask Joanek or The Missy.

Remember, none of the tickets accrue mileage and I'm not miles poor, so its not going to kill me to redeem the miles to fly to CDG and I will not have to take any vacation if I stay with the same itinerary. I just am being quite waffley (gaufres?) about this trip. So, MPers what would you do?

2. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    What would you be doing if you didn't take the trip?

3. I would probably redeem it and get an airline ticket for the return, once it is warmer

4. Lalala
    Original Member

Lalala Silver Member

Status Points:
    Chores. Dog walking. Hanging out w/TH. Nothing earth shattering. It's not gardening season yet, so that makes leaving in early March v. May more appealing to me.

5. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Chores or flying? Tough choice [​IMG]