flying finnair business award

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by thrashsoundly, Apr 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. thrashsoundly
    Original Member

thrashsoundly Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm looking for multiple options to spend my 100K BA miles on OW partners. I love the CX to Asia idea, but I'm also considering flying Finnair (AY) to Europe in J. I don't think AY has F(?). I've always wanted to go to Helsinki, but looking at the award chart for "one BA partner airline," North America to HEL would cost 130K in J. However flying to a Europe 1 city like FRA would only be 100K.

Since AY hubs through HEL, does anyone know if would I be able to spend the lesser amount (100K) if I make my "destination" in Europe 1 and stopover in HEL on the way? Has anyone tried this? If so, this would be a great mile saver!

I'd probably try to also open jaw in Europe 1 to get a third city before returning. For my 100K BA miles, I think this would be a great trip.

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    You'd probably get better feedback in the BA Forum then the OW forum. Everyone here uses a variety of mileage programs in OW. I use AA miles so I have no idea how to redeem BA miles. The BA Forum folks will have a lot of expertise behind them.

If not, hopefully someone comes along with some info! :)

3. thrashsoundly
    Original Member

Status Points:
    This thread just migrated over here (thanks admin!). Any of you knowledgeable BA folks have an input? Thanks!

4. thrashsoundly
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I just got confirmation that the miles required for the award booking depend on the origination and end point, so a trip like this would be 100K miles if the "destination" is in Europe 1. Can't wait!