Flying Blue Petroleum Club vs. Flying Blue Elite

Discussion in 'Flying Blue | Air France, KLM/Partners' started by SpotOn, Oct 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SpotOn

SpotOn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just got my Flying Blue Petroleum Club card after applying for a membership and waiting almost a month for the application to be processed. I notice that my Petroleum Club card does not indicate my FB Elite Status... Does this mean that I now have to carry two cards on my travels in order to get access to the various benefits...?

man on the move. likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would think so. These are completely different programs.

3. SpotOn

SpotOn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Strange that they then label it as "Flying Blue Petroleum", but I guess they are simply trying to ensure some brand commonality across the two programs.

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Similarly, the DL SkyMiles program and DL SkyClubs are both named Delta, but you normally must carry both cards unless either you're DM or you're sure your SkyClub membership will be printed on your boarding pass and this will be enough for the lounge dragons.

What's so terrible about carrying both cards?

5. man on the move.

man on the move. Silver Member

Status Points:
    the numbers on my platinum and petroleum are the same. i only once got a room on a long layover in paris. the rest of the time i just use the elite card.

6. SpotOn

SpotOn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Its not that carrying the additional card will break my back or make me exceed my carry-on allowance. I just found it a bit strange that they did not coordinate the programs and, as a consequence of this, issue one common card rather than two. But that being said, I do feel I am carrying enough plastic around on a day-to-day basis, and I am supportive of a "less is more"-approach. :)

MSPeconomist likes this.