Flying Alaska/Horizon as a DM

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by rwoman, Jun 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi All,

I had my first flight on Horizon since 1994 yesterday - LAX-MFR on a Q400.

Seats - Although the AS website acknowledged my DM status, seat changes would not hold via the website. Choosing an "elite seat" did work at OLCI. For my return flight the agent switched my seat at the airport -- I'll take 1A over 11E. :)

Bag Drop - LAX was slow yesterday :) - I quickly got my BP and dropped my bag.

LAX T3 - Security was easy enough although the TSA was not being very efficient with bins for stuff to go through the x-ray machine. The terminal, however, was chaos ... yuck! I could have lived without that...very little seating around the gates was available. I went up to the AS Board Room, was able to access with no problem, but there was no seating. I just went back out to wander the terminal as I only had about 30 minutes until boarding.

Boarding - I was able to board with the MVP/MVP Gold. The gate lice were, however, in force...happens. ;)

Flight - it was fine - quick take off from LAX...and it was nappy time since my body thought it had done an all nighter in the UK vice being awake on the West Coast.

:)robin

MSPeconomist and DeltaExpert like this.
  2. Dorlee
    Original Member

Dorlee Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have an AS coach flight from LAX to PVR. As a DL PM, do I have to pay for a checked bag? Are any Medallion privileges extended to DL elites?

3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Dorlee,

You will not have to pay for a checked bag - they changed the policy a few months ago for DL elites - AS baggage site. You will be able to use the elite security line at the airport and board with the AS elites.

Dorlee likes this.