Flyers Frustrated By Long Lines at Miami International Airport

Discussion in 'MIA/FLL/PBI | South Florida Area Airports' started by sobore, Mar 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Frustrated passengers tried to keep their cool at Miami International Airport Monday morning after encountering unusual delays while trying to get through security.

"The queue is pretty long," said Andreas Duffner, who was traveling from Germany to Managua, Nicaragua to see his daughter.

Duffner said he got through Customs fine but got halted at Checkpoint 1 of the security line, where passengers were backed up past the entry point.

Tempers nearly boiled over Saturday at MIA, when passengers became frustrated by long lines while trying to get through Customs.

Most are blaming the lines on automatic spending cuts that went into effect at the beginning of the month. Signs around the airport offered explanations. As a result of federal cuts, staffing has been reduced, signs read. Airport officials tell NBC 6 Customs and Border Protection agents can't work overtime hours and therefore there is not enough staff to help passengers.

Read More:
    uggboy likes this.
  2. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

was thru Miami on Saturday and it is TRUELY a third world airport (well except that in the third world they have shorter lines).
    Never so glad to have GE - luggage from many flights was piled up btwn carousels as people were still not there to claim them, but of course I had to wait an hour for my bag - then of course, having GE and precheck - I couldn't use precheck b/c "you can never use it if flying internationally". So I come in and am entirely cleared for fast entry - they have also checked me out so that I can have clearance for precheck - BUT b/c they don't have a clue I now have to wait for an hour to be recleared to get back into the "safe" area. Okay rant over. Well except for the guy I met in the Admirals club who had to wait 1.5 hours to get through immigration!