Flyer______Friendly ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Dublin_rfk, Jun 14, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not really super bullish on UA at the moment, but
    I wonder how many hotel rooms there are in Goose Bay
    and how many of the hotels look like the picture that
    illustrates that "news" article.

YULtide and uggboy like this.
  3. gaijin62

gaijin62 Gold Member

Status Points:
    One more reason not to fly United, I guess.

4. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Realistically speaking, in a town of 7500, it's not obvious what else United could have done. I'm no apologist for them, but I think some of the complaining is a bit over the top here.

Now, if the reports could get the location of Goose Bay right... (i.e. it's not in Newfoundland, it's in Labrador)

5. A_Lee

A_Lee Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not at all trying to defend United, but fail to see from the article how any other airline would have dealt with a similar situation any differently. The most disturbing thing I saw was the complaints against the crew being allowed to sleep and be refreshed in a nice hotel room? Hello!!! What do these people want? A crew who cannot sleep well and then be flying them back? Definitely not me. Or would they have rather United continue on even though the pilot thought it best to land the plane immediately, and risk a crash killing everyone? Or should United build decent hotels all along each and every of their routes nearby any possible airport where they might have an emergency and keep the hotel rooms empty in case one of their planes needs to land there so they can put the passengers up in the hotel, and thereby increasing the cost of all their ticket prices by several times? Sometimes people just don't think and only want to moan about whatever they can. Not that I'm trying to ignore the fact that they were inconvenienced and not very comfortable. Just saying that these sorts of things happen.

othermike27 likes this.