Fly With Friends | Win Free Tickets for the Star Mega Do 3

Discussion in 'SMD3 (Star MegaDO #3)' started by Randy Petersen, Jul 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Fly With Friends | Win Free Tickets

For the past two years, I've supported what has come to be known as the ULTIMATE travel junkie field trip – The Star Alliance Mega Do. I've flown along on each event and had a mile of a smile the entire time, something I've shared with winners of my personal giveaways each year. Well, you are in luck ... I've decided to make it three years in a row (and I'm very pleased that milepoint is the official online forum sponsor of the SMD3). Starting right now, you'll have two different ways to earn a free flight with friends during this years Star Mega Do 3.

First of all – the event.

Like last year's event (and the year before), this one promises to be spectacular. With stops in Chicago, Montreal and Denver there are sure to be several amazing events along the way. I don't want to say too much, as the hosts like to keep a few surprises up their sleeves, but I don't think I'll be giving anything away when I tell you the itinerary includes:
    • Informal get togethers with the execs of the new United Airlines, as well as execs from Hyatt, Air Canada, Lufthansa, Aeroplan and Bombardier.
    • Bombardier tour with some very unique surprises (we fly RJ's, now we will see what they are made of) and special events in Denver including auctions for simulator time for a 777 and A320.
    Did I say "we"? Why yes, I did. I've booked a special VIP row on the flight (the one with the extra legroom) and I'm going to select two members to join me as my seatmates. As my special guests, you will enjoy:
    • Early boarding for the charter
    • Free drinks
    • VIP access to all events
    • Hours and hours of great conversation with me about miles, points, and anything else you want to chat about
    • A swag bag that would make Academy Awards guests jealous (and, if you have Silver, Gold or Platinum status on milepoint, it will include a new iPad)
    • Free hotel nights as part of the charter flight: Hyatt Regency O'Hare, Hyatt Regency Montreal and Grand Hyatt Denver
    • Free flights to/from your location to the actual charter flight departure city of Chicago
    • And me to carry your bags!
    So, at this point you might be wondering, "What do I have to do to get my hands on one of these two VIP tickets?"

I'll be selecting two members who demonstrate their enthusiasm and desire to fly with friends by posting in one of two places (a winner will be selected from each place).
    1. Fly With Friends: this thread will be located daily in a different forum. All you have to do is find the thread and post to it, anything, even a single word to earn a chance to win a ticket to the Star Mega Do 3 event. One day the thread might be in the British Airways forum, the next day the Local Point forum for a particular airport and the next day in the Hyatt Gold Passport forum. It shouldn't be hard to find (hint: What's New), and it will certainly be worth your effort to look for it and post to it for a chance to win a free flight on the Star Mega Do 3.
    2. Twitter. How to Play: Follow @milepoint on Twitter, then tweet what you like about milepoint and include a link to a milepoint thread to earn a chance to win a ticket to the Star Mega Do 3 event. You must include @milepoint in your tweet to be sure we see your post, because if we don’t see it you probably aren’t going to win. Selection and Notification of the Winner: A winner will be selected randomly from qualifying entries tweeted during the entry period. The winner will be notified on Monday afternoon, July 25 via a Twitter direct message. With the Star Mega Do 3 event scheduled for early September we want to make sure to give the winner enough time to prepare for this once-in-a-lifetime experience. So, be sure to tune into Twitter on Monday afternoon, July 25 because if the first selected winner doesn’t claim within two days we will select and notify a different winner. Rules: Automated or duplicate postings will result in disqualification, in line with Twitter’s published guidelines. It is ok to tweet about different threads or topics, but it is not ok to tweet the same thing repeatedly. Again per Twitter’s guidelines – users found to be using multiple/different Twitter accounts will be disqualified from the contest.

Not using Twitter yet and want some tips on getting started?
    I'll be picking the winners at random and you can post as many times as you want or tweet as many times as you want before 12:00 p.m. (noon) Monday, July 25, 2011 - Mountain Time. You read that right. All you have to do to be eligible for this unique experience as my guest is to post something – anything, even a single word – into the Fly With Friends thread or follow milepoint on Twitter and post a link of a favorite thread with "@milepoint" in your tweet. It only takes a single entry to be the lucky one, AND you can post and enter as many times as you like to each method of entry. But do me a favor – no large type size posts, no images and no colored text.

Here's what I'm personally going to pay for:
    Like last year, I'm going to narrow it down again and hope that this shortened schedule will work for just about any member as you'll only have to worry about taking Thursday and Friday off to go along on this very special member event.
    • I'll fly you into Chicago late on Wednesday Sept. 7 (that way you don't have to miss too much work)
    • I'll pay for your seat on the Star Mega Do 3 charter flight from Chicago to Montreal and then on to Denver and then back to Chicago and I'll get you home from there.
    • I'll cover your Hyatt hotel rooms on Wednesday night (Chicago), Thursday night (Montreal) and Friday night (Denver).
    • I'll cover any and all additional expenses such as that early morning Starbucks and any additional meals if you're the hungry type.
    Good luck and thanks for your continued support of milepoint.

P.S. You might want to tell other friends and flyers to enter for a chance to win. Wouldn't it be cool if you both won?

2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    THE RULES (such as they are):
    There is only a single rule – No posting bots. Anyone not personally posting themselves risks their entry to fly with friends. Fair enough?

AND finally, even if you don't fly Star Alliance airlines, you'll be welcome and have the very same positive experience as all the other members. It is open to all.

3. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    And the winner of this years' Fly With Friends Star Mega Do 3 giveaway: (to be determined on Monday, July 25 at noon, Mountain Time)

(winners announced on page 2899 of this thread)

4. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Would love a chance to join... great idea. Thanks, Randy, for sponsoring!

5. Minnesota Bruin
    Original Member

Minnesota Bruin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah! Randy's at it again. Maybe this year I can finally get Randy Class. :D

k_malm, DLroads, HeathrowGuy and 9 others like this.
  6. Jubileesmom
    Original Member

Jubileesmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    Would be a fun birthday present:D Actually the birthday is the 22nd, but heck, I could wait a few days after:p

7. cheepneezy
    Original Member

cheepneezy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Pick me! :D

8. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Careful, we may have a thread that quickly challenges some of the lounge threads here ;)

9. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Randy!

10. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yet another reason to say thank you to Randy!!!!

11. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
    Gracious, generous Randy steps forward AGAIN! Thank you for the dual-opportunity to win.

k_malm, DLroads, HeathrowGuy and 9 others like this.
  12. bobsgt
    Original Member

bobsgt Gold Member

Status Points:
    My birthday is not on July 22nd like J-Mom's, but I'd like to win anyway! (Boy, it sure was hard to program a bot to post that. I think I'll do it manually next time...:rolleyes:)

Thanks Randy!

13. Jubileesmom
    Original Member

Jubileesmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lol, I'm not sure I could top last years participation in the threads. Number five in the end count but, I'm not sure work appreciated it. Still, fun none-the less:D

Andyandy, k_malm, DLroads and 9 others like this.
  14. bobsgt
    Original Member

bobsgt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hey, I "met" more FTers through "Come Fly To Me" than in the previous four years!

15. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very generous. I have one question. Since staying at the three Hyatts earns SMD3 participants Diamond status, would the winners still get Diamond status even if you're comping their rooms?

DLroads, HeathrowGuy, CDKing and 5 others like this.
  16. MrsBobSgt
    Original Member

MrsBobSgt Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm packed and ready:)
    thanks again Randy for the opportunity

DLroads, HeathrowGuy, CDKing and 8 others like this.
  17. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Absolutely. It's not really comped, your name is on the reservation and the points earned go into your GP account, I'm simply the "payment method." Hope this answer helps ... you possible Hyatt Diamond Gold Passport member, you.

AND, since you are a Silver member, if you are lucky enough to win this you'll also win a new iPad as part of the winning package.

DLroads, HeathrowGuy, CDKing and 15 others like this.
  18. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    For a deal that was already awesome, you just made it that much better! :D

k_malm, DLroads, HeathrowGuy and 6 others like this.
  19. rggale
    Original Member

rggale Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, Randy! What if I've already paid the $300 deposit and I win? ;)

20. cheepneezy
    Original Member

cheepneezy Gold Member

Status Points:
    You would gift your prize to meeeeeeeeeee!;)

21. Jubileesmom
    Original Member

Jubileesmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll fly with Mrs.Bob too:D

22. bobsgt
    Original Member

bobsgt Gold Member

Status Points:
    You were quick to find a solution to that dilemna, cheepneezy! :D

23. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Easy, you can elect to take along a friend for free or I'll get your deposit back and you'll be sitting w/ me ... for free. The event looks like an early sell-out so I'm sure we can find someone else to pay their way to fly with us. Good luck.

24. Jubileesmom
    Original Member

Jubileesmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    I already have my Platinum status but, fast flight to Diamond would be just fine indeed too:D Have a few Hawaii stays to accomodate yet;)

25. cheepneezy
    Original Member

cheepneezy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am resourceful with other people's money.:D

DLroads, nime01, HeathrowGuy and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.