Fly Gracefully - What to pack? Vibram FiveFingers

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jun 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I’ve been suffering from plantar fasciitis for a few months before I finally figured out what it was. I bought a night brace (thanks to SkyMall for teaching me all about PF treatments) and got some relief, but all of my shoes kept bothering my heel after a while, even with orthotics. I...
    ©Fly Gracefully, a BoardingArea Blog

Continue reading...

2. druiddation
    Original Member

druiddation Gold Member

Status Points:
    I love my FiveFingers (I think mine are the KSO). Unfortunately I've been told I can only wear them when I'm by myself.

viguera likes this.
  3. Grace
    Original Member

Grace Silver Member

Status Points:
    yeah, they do look weird. It takes me a while to put them on since my big toes don't like to go into the big toe slot. I haven't run in them, but for walking around Charlotte they are more comfortable than expected. I make it a point to walk over gravel in them.

druiddation likes this.
  4. druiddation
    Original Member

druiddation Gold Member

Status Points:
    They do get easier to put on after some practice. Maybe the individual toes have some sort of muscle memory as mine go right on now, but the first week or two it took me several tries each time.

One thing I'd recommend if you do start running in them is to wash them with soap and water frequently. Mine started to develop an odor unlike any pair of shoes I've ever owned. Also, I've seen recommendations to land on the balls of your feet so your legs act as shock absorbers instead of landing on the heel and rolling forward to the balls of the feet as with traditional running shoes.