Fly Gracefully - How to handle a downgrade

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    A few weeks ago I was on a call with an inoperable seat in First class. I’m not sure why the seat was inoperable, but sometimes it happens and maintenance cannot fix it in a timely manner so the easiest solution is to downgrade the person in that assigned seat. I wouldn’t be against...
    ©Fly Gracefully, a BoardingArea Blog

Continue reading...

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some years ago that happened to me, but on a long haul B747 flight, downgrading me from paid F to Y, although I did get aisle exit row. I did not complain, knowing the crew really did not have a good choice and the one they made was the least difficult option. Upon arrival at my destination I was greeted by an airline person who gave me a voucher for the entire paid fare for both legs of the trip. I did get my F miles too, both legs.

The carrier is defunct, more for general ineptness and bad management decisions than anything else, but that episode illustrates the former. They treated customers well, but lost a fortune doing so. The flight was PA82 JFK-NCE. It still operates today as DL82.