Fly&Dine Interview + $50 Starbucks Giveaway: @DealsWeLike

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Sep 30, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    It’s been over a month since the last Fly&Dine Interview + Giveaway and the Fly&Dine Prize Patrol is ready to get back at it. This time, we’re talking to Jennifer of Deals We Like, a truly excellent source of daily deals and travel bonuses. She’s a big time traveler and knows her stuff, so check out her tips for eating while you travel. After the interview, answer this week’s Giveaway Question in the comments section for your chance to win $50 to Starbucks. That’s like 10 Pumpkin Spice Lattes! Let’s get to that interview… As a connoisseur of deals, what’s the best deal you’ve ever seen on airport food? Is there a specific food deal you think everyone should know about? Ha. I do not think there is any good deal on airport food! But one tip when traveling is to always bring an empty water bottle so you can refill it after you go through security. This will save you on purchasing expensive bottled water. Many airports even have a water fountain made specifically for water bottles. What’s the best meal you’ve ever eaten in the air? My meal from JFK to Hong Kong in business class on Cathay was amazing! I cannot remember specifics, but they just kept on bringing out more and more food. Mr. Deals was psyched when I fell asleep as he then ate my food on top of his! What’s a great lesson you’ve learned in regards to eating while you’re away from home? Check to see if there is a nearby grocery store and stock up ahead of time. Sometimes I even have the cab driver make a pit stop on the way to the hotel from the airport. I usually grab a bunch of water, snacks, and breakfast bars. At hotels that have kitchenettes I’ve even purchased enough to make a full breakfast and lunch. Eating out every meal can get pricey, time consuming, and unhealthy! Do you have a go-to meal when you’re eating in airports? In your opinion, which airport has the best food? I’ve been to the Northwest Arkansas airport (near Bentonville) probably more then any other airport in the US. My go-to meal there was the popcorn they gave out at the bar. It was pretty much the only option at that time! At other airports, I typically get a Naked (juice) and a bagel and I am good to go. What gets you legitimately excited about a menu? When it has a happy hour special! Thanks, Jennifer! Excellent tips — especially the grocery store cab stop! Now it’s time for the Giveaway Question. To win a $50 e-giftcard to Starbucks (note: there will be one randomly selected winner), all you have to do is answer this simple question in the comments section of this post: What’s the best deal you’ve ever gotten at an airport? Good luck! Find past Fly&Dine interviews here: Frequent Miler Points & Pixie Dust View from the Wing Hack My Trip Million Mile Secrets Points, Miles, and Martinis One entry per person. No purchase necessary. In fact, there’s nothing to purchase. By entering, you agree that you’re cool with the fact that Fly&Dine makes all the decisions and those decisions are final, even if you don’t like them. Contest closes at 11:59pm Pacific on Sunday 10/5/2014. Winner will be contacted via email. Please provide a valid email address when leaving your comment. If we don’t receive a response from you after one week of being notified, a new winner will be chosen at random. The post Fly&Dine Interview + $50 Starbucks Giveaway: @dealswelike appeared first on Fly & Dine.

Continue reading...