florida jamaica on cristmas

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by galactic, Oct 4, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. galactic

galactic New Member

Status Points:
    Im new in this forum, so forgive me if i do something wrong,

Im searching for a florida jamaica flights on cristmas (19 dec - 26 dec)

Can you please give me any interesting ideas about how can I drop the price?

Thanks

2. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    It looks like American / US Air is the cheapest right now at about $466 per person for those exact dates from MIA to MBJ. If you can move your departure from the 19th to the 18th you'll save about $100 off that right now.
    Anytime you fly near holidays it can be expensive (and crowded). If your not stuck on visiting there for family reasons, etc. you could jump on the MSC Divina (Miami) or the Holland American Westerdam (Fort Launderdale) on December 20th for around $650 per person and sail to Jamaica but you would only get one day there plus the many other ports on a 7 day cruise. This sounds much higher but figure it includes your lodging and food it's not so bad. This does not include taxes (port fees) or tips though.
    If you have enough miles to get an award ticket you can try that but the availability will be slim and at a high redemption rate around the holidays.
    Good luck and welcome to Milepoint :)