Florence is waking up for Summer

Discussion in 'Europe' started by NileGuide, Apr 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. I had some old pictures on my camera from a few weeks ago. The 150th anniversary of Italy was on March 17th (the day before my birthday), so a group of friends and I went to the city center the night before and watched the fireworks be shot off the top of the Palazzo Vecchio.
    Loggio dei Lanzi, Piazza della Signoria
    Piazza della Repubblica
    I took a nice bike ride to the center on Saturday and I saw the city waking up a bit more. Now the tourists are starting to flock the streets. Easter festivities are being prepared. Restaurants are opening their outside seating in all the piazzas. Seeing people out with out coats, only light sweaters. Tourists in short sleeved shirts and some in shorts. It is still a bit chilly for me to be running around the city in shorts. Soon enough I know I will be sweating around every corner in Florence. I am enjoying the weather now and how it changes drastically from when the sun is out to when the sun sets. Oh Spring, thanks for finally arriving. [​IMG]
    A little market in Piazza della Repubblica on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon!
    Enjoying a photo op and a cappuccino

Continue reading...