Flight Track by Mobidata - Great APP!!!

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by garyst16, Mar 10, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I travel fairly regularly for business and have a slew of apps on both my Android phone and my iPad2. The two that I rely on most are TripIt for managing my itineraries, and Flight Track for monitoring flight details (on time departures, connections, delays, etc.)

Today, I was flying LAX-DFW on AA2420 which had a scheduled departure at 7am (way too early for a Sunday especially with it being the first day of Daylight Savings Time!). I arrived at the airport at 5:30 and thanks to Pre-Check made it through security in less than 2 minutes! I gathered up my cell phone with a message to my dismay that my flight was delay for 20 minutes... as all of you know, 20 minutes usuall means 40, and 40 usually means... "let's hope we leave today". I quickly opened my Flight Track App and used the "find alternate flight" function. I immediately saw a flight leaving at 6 and 6:30. I went to the gate for the 6am flight with 15 minutes to go and snagged the last F seat! I was in my seat and ready to go by 5:50... thanks to both the Pre-Check and my Flight Track App!! Awesome app and the price is right too.... Free!!!

sobore and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    The iPhone non-Pro app seems free, but the iPad app is $4.99 and the Pro app is $9.99. Too lazy to look at Play store right now, but I believe I saw Flight Track yesterday for $4.99 just yesterday.

Am I looking at the wrong app?

3. dbeedle

dbeedle Silver Member

Status Points:
    Eyeballing the Play stor and it looks like Flight Track Pro will cost ya $5 and gets the ability to import from TripIt. The "lite" version lacks the ability to import from TripIt but is free.