Flight to BKK

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by vik, Mar 15, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. vik

vik Active Member

Status Points:
    Hello Fellow Members,

I am planning to visit Bangkok in mid August for a week. And I am looking for an economy class return flight ticket from Milan. Could you please recommend me some flights which is generous in terms of air miles ?

Also, could you please let me know, does air miles depend on which airport you depart from?

I mean, I find some times the airfares depend on which airport you depart from. For example: LHR or LGW. Do airmiles change depending on the airport you depart as well ?

I thank you for your help

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  2. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you done any searching on your own? Flight mile credit depends on fare class for most airlines and each one has their own rules, so you need to say if you are looking for a specific airline, etc, There are many search sites that will give you flights, cost, etc. like cheaptickets, kayak, google, etc. Have you tried any of these?

vik likes this.
  3. vik

vik Active Member

Status Points:
    Hello estnet,

Many thanks for your information and suggestions. I am searching the information through several online sites. It appears to me that different sites offer different information in terms of air fares. I will go through the sites again and gather more information

Many thanks again for your help

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Miles earnt can vary based on the airports you fly from as some programs credit based on distance between the airports.

That said, do not let the miles drive your purchasing decision. Find the combination of price/schedule/comfort you're looking for and fly on that ticket; let any points earned from the travel be extra on top of that. A much more rational way to approach the situation, especially for an infrequent traveler.

estnet likes this.
  5. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    What he said, I should have mentioned that as well!

6. vik

vik Active Member

Status Points:
    Thank you Estnet and Wandering Aramean,

I thank you for your suggestions and I am going through the websites again to gather more informations

Many thanks again for your advices and suggestions