Flight Status Notification Set-Up Problem

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by BenjaminNYC, Feb 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. I'm in my ticketed reservation. I click on Create Preferences to set up notifications. I make my selections, and click Save. Nothing happens. Window doesn't close. Only choice is Cancel or X out, and of course my preferences aren't saving. This happening to anyone else?

-BJ

2. HNL
    Original Member

HNL Gold Member

Status Points:
    Using FireFox I am view a trip, and click "Notify a Friend" (my text messages are already there) and complete the text message notification form. After submitting the info, the window closes and returns the user the itinerary detail screen.

You can click "My Account" in the global navigation bar then selected the notifications tab. This will list all your pending notifications and provide the ability add more.

gemac likes this.
  3. Thanks, it worked in the Notifications Center. So what does the number of hours mean? Let's say my flight is at 8am. If they know it's going to be delayed at 5am, but I have chosen "2 hours", they'll notify me at 6am? Why not have it so it notifies as soon as AA knows. Also, let's say I have "2 hours" chosen, and the flight only gets delayed at 7:30am (30 mins before), will I get an immediate notification? I would hope so.

4. HNL
    Original Member

HNL Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's the number for hours from *scheduled* departure time.

May not be perfect, but it's a lot better than the old system.

5. So in my example above, they find out at 7:30 that the 8:00 is delayed. Do I get a immediate notification? Or do notifications ONLY come 2 hours prior, and none after that, even if things change after that.

6. HNL
    Original Member

HNL Gold Member

Status Points:
    The notifications begin at the time you specify and continue until departure.

so for an 8pm flight with 4 hour notice period selected you will receive the first notice at 4:00PM and if there are departure time or gate changes you will receive those at any time between 4:00 PM and departure time.

7. Cool thanks. They could word it better.