Flight reports (Air Canada mainline and feeders)

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by mevlannen, Oct 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    (I used to fill these out over on the Other Board, but I'm having more fun here at Milepoint, so I reckon it's time to start this thread here). Copy headings and fill out/amplify as you see fit. ^_^

Details:
    Flight/Itinerary (if on a feeder airline, which one?)
    Date:
    Cabin:
    Your status:
    In what languages were announcements spoken live / given as recordings?

Before departing:
    Was check in quick and efficient?
    Did you use priority security, and if so, was it quick and efficient?
    Did you use the Maple Leaf lounge (or a partner/non-partner lounge) and if so, any feedback in regards to service, food and drinks?
    Was priority boarding offered to you? Was it efficient?
    If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely and informative updates?

Onboard - J cabin:
    Were the cabin crew professional and well-groomed?
    Was the cabin clean?
    If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates?
    Was the IFE activated on the ground?
    Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground?
    Did cabin crew offer to hang your jacket or other garment?
    Were newspapers and menus distributed and meal orders taken (if so, when?)
    Did cabin crew offer a hot towel prior to the meal service?
    Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed?
    How was the quality of all the meals?
    Did the cabin crew continuously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight?

Onboard - Y cabin:
    Were the cabin crew professional and well groomed?
    Was the cabin clean?
    If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates?
    Was the IFE activated on the ground?
    Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service/food sales to begin?
    How was the quality of the meal service/food sales?
    Did the cabin crew offer water regularly throughout the flight?

After arrival at your destination:
    If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time?
    If you used gateside checking/Skycheck service, how long did you wait for your baggage?
    How long did it take for this segment/its points to post on the Altitude dashboard?

Overall experience/any other comments:

YULtide likes this.
  2. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    See one, play one, right?

Details:

Flight/Itinerary (if on a feeder airline, which one?) QK8364, YQU to YEG [Grande Prairie to Edmonton]
    Date: 11 October
    Cabin: n/a (all Y in this tiny DH3)
    Your status: SE100K
    In what languages were announcements spoken live / given as recordings? English spoken slowly, French spoken rapidly

Before departing:
    Was check in quick and efficient? Yes, with friendly greetings.
    Did you use priority security, and if so, was it quick and efficient? n/a, but likewise friendly and easy
    Did you use the Maple Leaf lounge (or a partner/non-partner lounge) and if so, any feedback in regards to service, food and drinks? No MLL at YQU (and unlikely to ever have one, there), but the multi-gate holding room contains comfy armchairs near its windows, so it was fine.
    Was priority boarding offered to you? Was it efficient? Yes, fast and friendly as usual.
    If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely and informative updates? n/a -- we got on our way at the planned time

Onboard - Y cabin:
    Were the cabin crew professional and well groomed? Indeed, and we also had a glimpse of a dapper and cheerful captain before closing-up for departure.
    Was the cabin clean? Reasonably so, given the remote nature of the station.
    If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates? n/a
    Was the IFE activated on the ground? n/a, IFE on a DH3 is the fellow sitting across from you in the paired Row1/Row13 'passion pit' seats.
    Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service/food sales to begin? Coffee arrived in about fifteen minutes. Good coffee, at that.
    How was the quality of the meal service/food sales? As what it was, I heard no complaints.
    Did the cabin crew offer water regularly throughout the flight? Coffee and tinned drinks, yes.

If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time? Don't know, not at journey's end yet.
    If you used gateside checking/Skycheck service, how long did you wait for your baggage? Not used, but others used it and the cart was waiting for us in Edmonton.
    How long did it take for this segment/its points to post on the Altitude dashboard? n/a this time, as it was a short-notice IKK reward ticket.

Overall experience/any other comments: A nice, smooth, eminently-napworthy flight. I'll give it four stars out of five.

YULtide and MSYgirl like this.
  3. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Must have missed you in YEG, but here's my report from yesterday:

Details:
    Flight/Itinerary (if on a feeder airline, which one?) AC157 YYZ-YEG
    Date: 2013 10 11
    Cabin: J (upgraded)
    Your status: E50K
    In what languages were announcements spoken live / given as recordings? English / French. (Spanish also offered)

Before departing:
    Was check in quick and efficient? Yes. No waiting at check in.
    Did you use priority security, and if so, was it quick and efficient? Yes. There was a brief hold-up as some items were being sent back for re-examination.
    Did you use the Maple Leaf lounge (or a partner/non-partner lounge) and if so, any feedback in regards to service, food and drinks? YYZ Domestic MLL was about usual. Not too crowded.
    Was priority boarding offered to you? Was it efficient? Priority boarding was announced while I was visiting the washroom and it was finished by the time I got back. Slid in just as general boarding was beginning.
    If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely and informative updates? n/a

Onboard - J cabin:
    Were the cabin crew professional and well-groomed? Yes
    Was the cabin clean? Yes
    If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates? Yes, we were informed that there were a couple of passengers "who had decided not to join us" so there was a delay as their bags were off-loaded. I could see the process from my window. It looked qiute efficient. We waited for a few minutes, and were informed that the time lost could be made up.
    Was the IFE activated on the ground? Yes, but. See below....
    Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground? Yes.
    Did cabin crew offer to hang your jacket or other garment? Yes, but only after take-off. (I was the last in the J cabin, and hung my jacket on the seat-back coat hook, so maybe it was missed.)
    Were newspapers and menus distributed and meal orders taken (if so, when?) Yes, once in the air.
    Did cabin crew offer a hot towel prior to the meal service? Yes
    Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? Didn't notice the time, but it seemed at a reasonable balance between efficient service and a relaxed pace to eat.
    How was the quality of all the meals? Fine. Had the chicken, which proved moist and tasty.
    Did the cabin crew continuously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight? Yes. There was good attention to beverages.

If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time? n/a
    If you used gateside checking/Skycheck service, how long did you wait for your baggage? n/a
    How long did it take for this segment/its points to post on the Altitude dashboard? Too early to tell. Recent experience suggests 3 days. I think they must print a hard copy and send it by carrier pigeon to Aeroplan for re-keying.

There was a problem with the IFE in several J seats. All we got was the usual welcome screen with a message saying "Service not available" instead of "Welcome aboard" Several attempts to restart proved fruitless, so those affected were apologetically given a blue compensation card. I've seen this happen before and the card resulted in a 5% discount on a future flight, though it doesn't actually say what the compensation will be. S/D was apologetic, but really she couldn't have done more.

Overall, a pleasant flight notwithstanding the IFE issues.

mevlannen and guinnessxyz like this.
  4. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    A busy read....perhaps only comments on the salient points.

YULtide, The Winger and guinnessxyz like this.
  5. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Point well taken, my dear chap:

Herewith the latest, as concerns the shortest hop in Air Canada's network, which therefore deserves a short description properly reduced to its salient points....

(see first post for full list of headings: add and delete as seen fit ^_^)

Details:
    Flight/Itinerary: QK 8254, YCD>YVR
    Date: this morning, 12 October
    Cabin: just the one: Y, complete with Row 1 / Row 13 'passion pit' seating
    Your status: SE, I think this morning was segment 108 for the year but I lose track :/
    In what languages were announcements spoken live / given as recordings?: spoken English and French; French was more fluent (as is usual)

Before departing:
    Was check in quick and efficient? online check-in, got there just in time for a quick cuppa tea and then on to security.
    Did you use priority security, and if so, was it quick and efficient? YCD doesn't go in for such fancies: security is swift, friendly, efficient and polite; what more could one ask?
    Did you use the Maple Leaf lounge (or a partner/non-partner lounge) and if so, any feedback in regards to service, food and drinks? sitting in the YVR domestic lounge now having what will pass for a breakfast, complete with hard-boiled eggs as befits my hard-boiled attitude. YCD has no lounge, of course, but it does set a smorgasbord table for self-service coffee in the boarding-room.
    Was priority boarding offered to you? Was it efficient? yes, and yes; usual pleasantires as I strolled out onto the dewy tarmac of Central Vancouver Island and wondered, once again, why I ever leave this place?

Onboard - the single cabin:
    Were the cabin crew professional and well groomed? Yes, and surprisingly pleasant for early on a Sunday morning. I'm not sure that I could have been quite so cheerful this morning.
    Was the cabin clean? minor litter and debris on the floor, but no sign of the penetrating, sinus-clearing, eye-watering, all-consuming swampy odour of wet dogs that permeated the cabin on my flight over to the Island late last week.

If you used gateside checking/Skycheck service, how long did you wait for your baggage? five minutes, after being steadily and progressively shooed backward towards the Shack's boarding-door by the ground agent.

The view of the Salish Sea was nice, as usual; this was a Tango ticket, booked at last-minute, and evenso it cost less than $200 all-in for what, in essence, was a lovely sight-seeing jaunt over the Gulf Islands and Crescent Beach. Beats sitting in a ferry line-up, especially on a holiday weekend. 'Free' breakfast in YVR MLL doesn't hurt, either. ^_^

YULtide likes this.
  6. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    My comment not meant to be critical....just a suggestion to help a senior citizen read a report....sort of an executive summary for geezers. :D

And on a more serious note, thanks for adding good content to the AC forum. :)

7. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    ++
    1. No offence taken; none assumed, in any case.
    2. Given my own predeliction for five-paragraph memos, I'd always favour the reduction of reports down to a simple and recurrent format.
    3. Over on TOBB, the trip reports were orginally done at the request of an AC staff officer who would be able to act upon any reports of deficiency.
    4. There's no overt sign of AC staff readership over here, so of course we can but count on having ourselves to amuse. ^_^
    5. Thanks for kind words; I hang out over here by preference, as this place has the potential to be useful to us, while being at once more pleasant, as well.

s/
    Elane
    ++

guinnessxyz, YULtide and milchap like this.
  8. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    As do many of us! Thanks for the contributions, I enjoy reading about different experiences, my segments tend to be rather longer than yours!

mevlannen, YULtide and guinnessxyz like this.
  9. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Admittedly-so, these days, but (alas!) they generally come in strings of three or four in a day, interspersed with more-or-less-productive waits in the MLLs. I find great value in the 'arrivals' benefit (RHIP and all that!), as its provision of landline telephones allows me to get caught-up on my local cookie-calls and appointment-juggling, without risking being perceived as That Crazy Old Cell-Phone Lady while riding the Skytrain (into YVR) or the Commuter Rail (out from BOS).

Back in the day, I was doing crazier things, like chartering a helicopter out of Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk to make the hop over to Sapporo, but as years advance, my level of interest in far-flung business ventures is starting to wind down. Double-Scotch-in-coffee while tucked under a duvet in seat 1A, now **that's** all good, still. ^_^

10. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here, have another one, with happy gastronomic commentary!

Details:
    Flight/Itinerary (if on a feeder airline, which one?) AC 243, YEG>YVR
    Date: 23 October
    Cabin: J
    In what languages were announcements spoken live / given as recordings? English spoken fluently, French slowly read from the Book.

Before departing:
    Was check in quick and efficient? Checked-in online, and wandered over to the gate at YEG after luncheon in the MLL (yummy quinoa salad! equally yummy Scotch!). They also had two kinds of soup and three kinds of little sandwiches, including vegetarian options.
    Did you use priority security, and if so, was it quick and efficient? n/a at YQU, but easy and swift a
    Did you use the Maple Leaf lounge (or a partner/non-partner lounge) and if so, any feedback in regards to service, food and drinks? yes, at YEG: see above for happy comments about food and drink.
    Was priority boarding offered to you? Was it efficient? Yes, fast and friendly as usual. Boarding agents have seen so much of me lately, that it seems like a class reunion. ^_^
    If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely and informative updates? n/a -- we got on our way at the planned time

Onboard - J cabin:
    Were the cabin crew professional and well groomed? Ayuh, although the in-charge was a bit frazzled.
    Was the cabin clean? Yes, spotlessly-so. Two pillows on every seat in J.
    Was the IFE activated on the ground? No. it had crashed and needed several reboots. Once it was on, I turned it off like usual.
    Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service/food sales to begin? Coffee-with-Scotch arrived right after the hot towels, in ten minutes after takeoff..
    How was the quality of the meal service/food sales? Yummy cheese plate, how long I have missed thee! There were two pieces of cheddar, two of something like Amsterdaam, and a wedge of Oka. Five small red grapes, and a leaf of curly green lettuce. A packet of Carr's white crackers, and a packet of Melba toast points. It was so yummy, that I asked for a second serving (o, wicked woman that I am!)
    Did the cabin crew offer water regularly throughout the flight? No, but there was an excellent red wine, a Malbec, with a deep purple colour and a strong blackberry/oak flavour..
    If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time? Did carry-on only, as my final destination was in the Fog Belt, and there was a certain crap-shoot in play as to whether any particular flight could make the hop over from YVR.
    If you used gateside checking/Skycheck service, how long did you wait for your baggage? Used Skycheck for YQU>YEG and YVR>YCD; in both cases, cart was out there before we were cleared to deplane.
    How long did it take for this segment/its points to post on the Altitude dashboard? Don't know. I have taken to routinely submitting manual requests two days after completion of travel: it tends to lag travel by three weeks or so. Am at segment 117 for the year, so I don't much care about time lag.

Overall experience/any other comments: A nice, smooth, trip. Everything went well, so I'll score it five beavers out of a possible five...

YULtide likes this.
  11. Details:
    Flight/Itinerary 850 YYC/LHR
    Date: oct.21
    In what languages were announcements spoken live: English and French.

Before departing:
    Was check in quick and efficient? YES on line and gate checkin was very organized
    Did you use priority security, and if so, was it quick and efficient? YES
    Did you use the Maple Leaf lounge (or a partner/non-partner lounge) and if so, any feedback in regards to food and drink.: all good and per usual
    Was priority boarding offered to you? Was it efficient? Yes, very fast
    If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely and informative updates? n/a -- pulled back 5 minutes early

Onboard - J cabin:
    Were the cabin crew professional and well groomed? Yes a very professional and friendly crew.
    Was the cabin clean? Yes, spotlessly-so.
    Was the IFE activated on the ground? Yes and it worked fine throughout the whole flight.
    Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service/food sales to begin? Meal and drink orders were taken prior to takeoff .
    How was the quality of the meal service/food sales? All good. I had the chicken and it was not dried out.
    Did the cabin crew offer water regularly throughout the flight? I slept right after the meal until just before breakfast
    If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time? Bag was there before I got there and I used priority customs line.
    If you used gateside checking/Skycheck service, how long did you wait for your baggage? n/a
    How long did it take for this segment/its points to post on the Altitude dashboard? 2 days

Overall experience/any other comments: A nice, smooth, trip. Everything went well, so I'll score it five beavers out of a possible five...[/quote]

FriendlySkies and mevlannen like this.
  12. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Details:
    Flight/Itinerary (if on a feeder airline, which one?) AC108, YVR>YYZ, in the middle of a five-segment connect-a-rama from Northwest Asia.
    Date: 20. XI 2013
    Your status: Sextuple Secret Pterodactyl Wings SE
    In what languages were announcements spoken live / given as recordings? Français, English, o Portugues.

Before departing:
    Was check in quick and efficient? Yes, did it from the hotel where I'd made my 11-hour layover.
    Did you use priority security, and if so, was it quick and efficient? No, but on the other hand, I was the first person through the lychgate to the C-concourse scanners. 'Triggered' the 'random' warning bell, of course. I could probably have walked stark-naked through the archway and had an alert. 'Random selection' is a truly egregrious fib on CATSA's part.
    Did you use the Maple Leaf lounge (or a partner/non-partner lounge) and if so, any feedback in regards to service, food and drinks? Yes, with a cheerful greeting as usual. Boiled eggs were particularly rubbery and resistent to the toothless cutlery made available in YVR Domestic.
    Was priority boarding offered to you? Was it efficient? Yes. The flight was perhaps 1/4 full, so there was none of the usual mad stampede of salarymen, nor the cranky folks hissing at me that I must be in the wrong line-up. Hey, folks, just because we age-out of being thin shiny young things, that doesn't mean we can't afford paid J.
    If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely and informative updates? right on time, t'was.

Onboard - J cabin:
    Were the cabin crew professional and well-groomed? Well, as goes 'professional', yes; they were all of mature age and disposition, well-settled in their work, and pleasant in all interactions.
    Was the cabin clean? Yes, but not so spotless as to have swept-away the unopened overnight amenity kit lurking behind my seatback in good old Pod 1A.
    If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates? I fell asleep, like y'do at that early hour of the morning, and only woke up when it was time for hot towels.
    Was the IFE activated on the ground? Yes, it had to have been, lest we miss our customary round of safety announcements and advertisements. Actually didn't mind viewing the Alberta Tourism ad, as it twice shows brief views of a snow-covered Highway 40 leading down into Kananaskis Country (where I dwelt for some years while I was trying to write the Great Canadian Novel in an icicle-fringed cabin in the woods).
    Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground? Water and orange juice, cups filled no more than half-full. Economy measure, perhaps?
    Did cabin crew offer to hang your jacket or other garment? Yes, and I took them up on the offer.
    Were newspapers and menus distributed and meal orders taken (if so, when?) No newspapers, but I'd brought the Vancouver Sun and Asahi Shimbun with me from my hotel. Gave Asahi to the SD when I was done with it -- she was thrilled to have it.
    Did cabin crew offer a hot towel prior to the meal service? Ayuh.
    Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? All dishes picked-up at about 1:00 into the flight.
    How was the quality of all the meals? I had the cheese-and-fruit breakfast. It was great, I'll keep on choosing it when it is offered to me.
    Did the cabin crew continuously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight? Yes, I think I ended up with eight glasses of water in three hours, which was just about right. Oh, that and the double-Scotch-in-coffee that I always have.

If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time? Carry-on only, as always. Not that I completely mistrust the rampies, but, going southward into the States one always wonders if one's baggage will ever be seen again.
    How long did it take for this segment/its points to post on the Altitude dashboard? Three days now, and it's up there already. Mind'ee, I've requalled long ago already and so I don't really care much for the extent of time-lags.

Pleasant. Cabin crew were exactly correctly attentive to passenger needs. I'll give it five stars out of five.

YULtide likes this.
  13. maradori
    Original Member

maradori Silver Member

Status Points:
    Details:
    Flight/Itinerary: AC 559 SFO-YVR
    Date: Fri Nov 22
    Your status: E75K
    In what languages were announcements spoken live / given as recordings? En by SD and Fr by another FA

Before departing:
    Was check in quick and efficient? Yes, two people working the "important people" counter
    Did you use priority security, and if so, was it quick and efficient? None for SFO Int'l G
    Did you use the Maple Leaf lounge (or a partner/non-partner lounge) and if so, any feedback in regards to service, food and drinks? Eewnited International RCC -- piece of cr*p as always
    Was priority boarding offered to you? Was it efficient? Yes and yes (the agent sent a non-important person back to the plebeian waiting area)
    If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely and informative updates? No delay

Onboard - J cabin:
    Was the cabin clean? Yes
    If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates? Yes (jetbridge was inop and pilot informed us about it soon after the door closed)
    Was the IFE activated on the ground? Don't remember :<
    Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground? Yes, during boarding
    Did cabin crew offer to hang your jacket or other garment? Didn't need it
    Were newspapers and menus distributed and meal orders taken (if so, when?) No to newspaper, yes to menu (although I'm kinda miffed they took it back right after letting me glance at it wtf)
    Did cabin crew offer a hot towel prior to the meal service? I don't think there's hot towel service for SFO-YVR, but no hot towel
    Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? maybe 1h45m ... on a 2h15m flight LOL (but I'm a slow eater)
    How was the quality of all the meals? Better than Eewnited
    Did the cabin crew continuously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight? Sufficiently frequently for a 2h flight

If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time? Tolerably reasonable (didn't time it, but maybe a 10m wait?)
    If you used gateside checking/Skycheck service, how long did you wait for your baggage? Didn't use it
    How long did it take for this segment/its points to post on the Altitude dashboard? Haven't checked yet

Standard service, nothing too remarkable or not good. Interestingly the SD is probably the first person on AC I've met that speaks with the ... um ... "Canadian" accent

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
    mevlannen likes this.
  14. maradori
    Original Member

maradori Silver Member

Status Points:
    Details:
    Flight/Itinerary (if on a feeder airline, which one?) AC1162 YVR-YYZ
    Date: Fri Nov 22 2013
    Your status: E75
    In what languages were announcements spoken live / given as recordings? En + Fr from the SD

Before departing:
    Was check in quick and efficient? Connecting
    Did you use priority security, and if so, was it quick and efficient? Connecting
    Did you use the Maple Leaf lounge (or a partner/non-partner lounge) and if so, any feedback in regards to service, food and drinks? YVR Domestic MLL -- it was pretty hard to track down someone who would let me in the shower
    Was priority boarding offered to you? Was it efficient? Yes, separate lane unlike that backwater SFO
    If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely and informative updates? No delay

Onboard - J cabin:
    Was the cabin clean? Yes
    If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates? No delays
    Was the IFE activated on the ground? No, stuck with that annoying "Welcome aboard" screen
    Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground? Yes, after boarding completed
    Did cabin crew offer to hang your jacket or other garment? Didn't need it, but saw it offered to other J pax who did need it
    Were newspapers and menus distributed and meal orders taken (if so, when?) Newspapers offered on ground, don't remember menu ... after boarding completed?
    Did cabin crew offer a hot towel prior to the meal service? Yup
    Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? Maybe around 2h for the main meal service to complete. Got the snack service maybe 1 hour after that?
    How was the quality of all the meals? Beef was a bit tough, why do I always keep masochisting myself?
    Did the cabin crew continuously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight? They did do some drink rounds, but insufficiently frequently

If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time? It was slower than YVR, but I'm more happy that my "priority" tag actually got my luggage out first at YYZ
    If you used gateside checking/Skycheck service, how long did you wait for your baggage? Didn't use this
    How long did it take for this segment/its points to post on the Altitude dashboard? Haven't checked yet

Didn't quite like this flight compared to my other SFO-YYZ/SFO-YVR-YYZ (and v.v.) transcons. Service was merely "adequate". Didn't quite like how the SD used my first name -- I thought it was standard in the service industry to refer to customers as Mr/Ms Lastname. Definitely docking points for not refilling my drinks as often as they should.

Also, since when did YVR-YYZ have a pre-arrival snack service? This was a definite welcome surprise. I've always had meal + dessert (ice cream + cookie), but before landing, we were offered kettle chips and chocolate. Wow :eek: :eek: :eek:

mevlannen likes this.
  15. The Lev
    Original Member

The Lev Silver Member

Status Points:
    Until AC learns how to cook Beef Tenderloin, how do we go about lobbying for the return of the long-forgotten pot roast that is only enhanced by over-cooking?

16. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    More lamb, more often! It seems to be more tolerant of in-flight cooking ...

YULtide likes this.
  17. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Indeed. I will happily answer to "Dr" or "Madame", but would find the uninvited use of my first name quite jarring and inappropriate.

maradori and YULtide like this.
  18. 2by4

2by4 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Then you would not like flying WestJet.

19. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not in J.

20. 2by4

2by4 Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you are the only person in PLUS it is not far off J. (and many times you are the only person in PLUS)

21. The Lev
    Original Member

The Lev Silver Member

Status Points:
    The rack of lamb I've had on AC has always been very good - and somehow they manage to deliver it pink - but I think it is only available on International J flights and then only from non-Canadian stations. Lamb seems to be beyond the ability of Gate Gourmet in Canada.

22. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have had lamb (rack of lamb or lamb chops, can't remember) on YYZ-NRT, so prepared in Canada.

23. maradori
    Original Member

maradori Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think maybe if I ever need to refer to you formally, it shall now be Madame Doctor!! :D

mevlannen likes this.