Flight Pass expiry

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by igloocoder, May 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a flight pass and it is going to expire in the next few months. I'd like to use the remaining 2 credits right near the end of the pass for positioning on my mini-RTW. I'm not at all worried about the outbound. It happens a couple of weeks before the pass expires. The return is where my questions comes.

For the purposes of this, assume that the pass expires on August 22nd. I'd like to book my flight for August 26th.

Is the pass expiry date the last date you can fly or the last date you can book?

It was so much easier when I was going through a pass every 5 weeks.

2. The Lev
    Original Member

The Lev Silver Member

Status Points:
    Last day you can fly.

Note - you can pay to extend the pass by three months - not sure if it is worth it in your situation if you have other opportunities to use it up.

3. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ive thought about the extension and its not worth it I don't think. I've got some time this summer so maybe I'll just turn it into a mileage run. It'll be a comfy MR as its a Latitude pass for North America with complimentary upgrade. Now to figure out the best mileage out of YEG.

Anyone had any luck changing routing to something more 'beneficial' when using a Pass? Or am I stuck with the best that is offered online?

YULtide likes this.
  4. PtsHawg
    Original Member

PtsHawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Absolutely--all the time. Just figure out what you want to do (legal routing, etc.) and call in. The "Flight Pass Desk" will fix it up but may need to manually book it for you. I wouldn't waste time with a regular agent; just ask to be transferred through. I've also heard them referred to as the "Resource Desk".