Flight notifications actually worked this morning!

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by BAppelt, Jun 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. BAppelt
    Original Member

BAppelt Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was already at the airport when I received both a phone call and an email letting me know my flight was delayed. It didn't help since I was already there but hopefully this is a sign that they have fixed the system. I hadn't received one of these in months and I didn't change anything in my profile or the way the flight was booked, so they can get it to work if they try.

2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good news. AA's system likes to tell me days after arrival that my flight arrived on time. Thank you :D

3. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    They are starting to notify a little better, but it is still to late for any actual good. I've been on a plane when I've gotten the notices.

4. BAppelt
    Original Member

BAppelt Gold Member

Status Points:
    The fact that they are notifying at all is a welcome change. The timing may be difficult to fix since they wait so long to finally make a decision about a delay.

5. RV03

RV03 Gold Member

Status Points:
    A few months back, I received a call around noon for a 7pm flight notifying me that my flight was cancelled - fortunately, I was able to re-schedule and hurry to the airport to get to my destination that night, although using a little inconvenient of a routing - maybe flight notification works better during cancellations than flight delays?

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sometimes the problem with delays is that knowing in advance isn't very helpful because most of the time you must get to the airport for the regular cutoff times anyway, just in case it gets moved up. I guess if you know, you might dress differently, bring more stuff to do, or call folks at the other end and explain the uncertainty. A major exception might be if the flight is delayed until the next day.