Flight from US to Glasgow...turning up no flights?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by enichols22124, Sep 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello all,

I was hoping to surprise my fiance with a trip to Scotland for Valentines Day 2014. So, I popped onto kayak, and nothing came up for US Airways (I'd prefer to fly them for this flight), so I checked to make sure, and US Airways shows this is a flight of theirs. So, I tried to book it straight on US Airways site, and although I can enter Glasgow, when it searches, nothing comes up. Just to make sure that it was not the time period, I tried Dec and Nov 2013 as well, with the same results, even using the Flexible options to see if any flight comes up. Looks like these would go through Philly to Glasgow. Is this a flight that has been removed, and no notice has been posted yet?

Thanks Everyone.

2. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    According to Wikipedia, US only flies to Glasgow during the summer.

flyforawg likes this.
  3. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    At that time of year, you can't do just US. You could do UA and or Lufthansa (assuming you're flying from AUS based on your profile.)

LETTERBOY likes this.
  4. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    You could also fly to Manchester and drive/train it to Scotland (and visit the lakes district on the way which i highly recommend.)

flyforawg likes this.
  5. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, what do you know...it never crossed my mind that it was a seasonal plane! So, I could pick either United or Lufthansa flight and then use my US Airways points to upgrade the flights from coach to FC (since they are all in Star Alliance? I'd like to get both the mileage points for my yearly quota and still upgrade to FC/Business for that flight. I've never done that before, do I book the ticket and then call US Airways for the bump, or call Luftansa/United, or do it all in one phone call, and forget trying to do this online? And yes, I'm in Austin,Texas, so AUS is my airport.
    Thanks everyone so far.

6. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    You won't be able to upgrade with miles unless you by almost full fare coach ticket. At that price there are many better options. You could always book a us airways ticket to a us airways destination in Europe and then book a separate connecting flight on a star carrier or a lcc to Glasgow.