Flight crews can’t stop taking mile-high selfies

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by gregm, Apr 27, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sexy flight attendants across the world have started an underground network of mile-high selfies that they post on Instagram.

In one photo, five beautiful Emirates Airlines attendants are seen in uniform draped over each other inside an aircraft in the style of a Vanity Fair spread.

They don't look very sexy to me; just like funny, awkward poses.
    http://nypost.com/2014/04/27/mile-high-selfies-taking-off-with-airline-crews/

2. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    But the one draped across the top of a couple of seats .;)

gregm and uggboy like this.
  3. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am confused how that is a selfie. I thought a selfie required the person to actually take the picture.

4. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes three of them are selfies and the rest are not. I also notice that most of those pictures were either taken on the ground prior to boarding or on a flight with no passengers, which would make them not-so-mile-high photos.

Now however it seems any picture taken with a camera phone seems to be called a selfie. Meh.

Newscience, Sammich and gregm like this.
  5. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    On closer examinations, one can determine how the draped-over-seat-lady achieved the selfie that was shown.

First, a large mirror was placed a short distance in front of her with the mirrored edge in her direction. Then after climbing up and afixing herself on the top of the seats, a small camera, hardly visible between the seatbacks, was placed facing the mirror and focused on the lady pictured. You can barely see the camera lens positioned centerly between the seatbacks centered on the lady above it.

Then, with the camera's timer set for precisely 17 seconds in order for the comely subject to correctly position herself in the correct selfie position and raise her arm appropriately, the shutter shuddered and snapped the self-made selfie.

Glad to deconfuse your confusion in the matter. No thanks needed as it gave me a reason for closer examinations to verify the verification required.

Newscience and gregm like this.