Flight attendants play dress-up at 30,000 feet

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, May 7, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...-play-dress-up-at-30000-feet/article11733567/

[​IMG]

A Chinese budget airline is facing criticism after announcing plans to dress up its flight attendants as maids and butlers. Spring Airlines, operating out of Shanghai since 2005, said the idea actually came from its “international crew of qualified Chinese, Japanese and [Thai] cabin staff,” and is not intended to objectify them with revealing attire. But on social media and blogs, critics said the airline should focus on better pricing and on-time arrivals. Still, Spring Airlines will offer more costume-themed flights. Logically, the next one should honour housekeepers and janitors.

Read More: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...-play-dress-up-at-30000-feet/article11733567/

Fredrik, General_Flyer and uggboy like this.
  2. StevenGerrard

StevenGerrard Silver Member

Status Points:
    ohhhhh

General_Flyer and uggboy like this.
  3. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe if they did the whole anime dress up deal I could buy into that better.

General_Flyer and uggboy like this.
  4. crimson

crimson Active Member

Status Points:
    I know everyone is thinking this so I'll be the first one to ask ;)
    How can I book a flight with points?

Fredrik likes this.
  5. Richard Chen
    Original Member

Richard Chen Silver Member

Status Points:
    A costume photo suggests they're going after the anime style. Not much thinking required to see where they're going, but it's already succeeded. Mild fare (pun intended) in Asian LCCs, I suppose.