Flemings Steak House - Baltimore

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by b1513, Feb 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. b1513
    Original Member

b1513 Silver Member

Status Points:
    How does Flemings compare with Ruth's Chris and Capital Grille?

2. sophiegirl
    Original Member

sophiegirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think Fleming's is superior to Ruth. have not been to Capital Grille, but from what I understand it would be at minimum comparable.

Flemings has an excellent wine list, and at least one all inclusive meal which can bring the cost down significantly. Thet also have a club called "friends of Fleming" - sign up and you will receive special offers...during the holidays it was a $25 credit on your check.

The reality is they are all chains, and adhere to a basic set of standards..but as with anything, a bad night, bad waiter, etc can change your experience.

3. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Flemings is definitely better than Ruth Chris, never been to the one in Baltimore, but have been to the one in Austin and it was quite good.

4. I have only been to the Capital Grille, but need to consider the others :)

5. Kagehitokiri
    Original Member

Kagehitokiri Silver Member

Status Points:
    locations vary

i found 2 waiters at cap grille tysons good

never been impressed at flemings (lava cake is good) or mortons

havent tried ruths chris yet

6. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I prefer Ruths Chris for flavor and presentation, but I did enjoy Flemings in Orlando a few months ago.
    My favorite is Smith and Wollensky however.

b1513 likes this.
  7. b1513
    Original Member

b1513 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Okay, so we went to Flemings tonight in Baltimore. We've eaten many times At Capitol Grille and Ruth's in many cities. IMHO , this Flemings can't light a candle to either of the aforementioned restaurants. The waiter was not happy that we first went to happy hour in the bar (because we went early, before 6, and the tables had no waitstaff so we "waited" in bar) even though we did drink at the table too and I had the most expensive thing on the menu.

My husband had not even finished swallowing his food and the plates were whisked away. The waiter came to the table, in the middle of dinner, to tell us what the dessert special was. I would not return to the Flemings in Baltimore.

8. sophiegirl
    Original Member

sophiegirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can absolutely assure you this would be unacceptable to corporate...you should let them know. What a shame, I have always found the service to be one of the highpoints for Flemings.....and nothing can ruin a dinner quicker than lousy service.