Flat Stanley - Have You Ever Helped School Children With This?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by diver90, Feb 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. diver90
    Original Member

diver90 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I learned about Flat Stanley for the first time about 8 years ago. On an MR to HNL to clear a milestone I took Flat Stanley with me and took a few pics to help a friend's daughter. Have you done it? If so, post a pic or two.

Flat Stanley

Hawaii3.jpg

2. diver90
    Original Member

diver90 Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are some distinct benefits!

Hawaii5.jpg

3. DanJ
    Original Member

DanJ Gold Member

Status Points:
    My kids are doing them this year. We sent them to my niece in Halifax. She is working as a volunteer at the Canada Winter Games and is going to try to get a picture with Stanley and a gold medal winner.

diver90 likes this.
  4. diver90
    Original Member

diver90 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Cool. Thanks for posting. I thought I was alone on this.

5. Westsox
    Original Member

Westsox Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't have any pics to post, they were taken about 10 years ago with a disposable camera. I took Stanley on Amtrack from Jackson, MS to Chicago. He also made trips with me to DC and SFO.

6. Junca
    Original Member

Junca Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ahh! I remember Flat Stanley. I took Flat Stanley on a stick around DC for my neice, probably 8 years ago. Took photos of Mr. Stanley in front of various buildings and out at Manassas Battlefield. I'll have to see if I can find one of the photos. Unfortunately I didn't have him during one of my international trips ... that would have been cool:D

7. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    One my daughters classes had Flat Stanely send postcards from points of interest. I think I mailed one form the Space Needle, New York, places like that.

8. jneugeba
    Original Member

jneugeba Gold Member

Status Points:
    When studying abroad in Vienna in college we had Stanley for a while. He had LOTS of fun! (Not all the pictures were returned to the elementary student!) My favorite was Stanley with a giant mug of beer at the Hofbrauhaus!