[Fixed] Glitch on Posting

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by Art234, Feb 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I made my first post in the thread regarding user names, and my browser hung up while waiting for an ad to load (according to the line at the bottom). I wound up going back and refreshing and the post was there-twice. I deleted one.

FYI Win XP SP3, Mozilla 3.6.13

I will try on my MAC later today.
    Great job by the way.

2. Mikel
    Original Member

Mikel Gold Member

Status Points:
    We've been seeing that off and on too Art. Thanks for confirming.

3. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Thanks Mikel - as I said in chat earlier, it may have to do with the source feed from the ad...
    On the Mac now- all seems good.

4. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    After my post about how good the site looks on the iPad it took a long time to load, then ended up loading only the ad!

5. sagefemme52
    Original Member

sagefemme52 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just had the same problem with posting. It did seem to "hang" with the ads.

6. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    It just happened again to me on the Mac this time - it was an Amex ad if that matters. I waited 30 seconds for the post to populate, the ad was there but it never followed through. I used the back button, reloaded the page and my post was there--so not sure it is an ad source issue...

7. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I just revisited the thread I created in the local area section-which I asked to be moved to a main topic above. Below my post I saw this text, which must be code for an ad which didn't load..

var clickTagFramePrepend20013410=fd_clk+"&url=[ewclickthru]"; /* Please place your redirects in front of the value [ewclickthru] just as if [ewclickthru] is a standard URL (e.g. "%c[ewclickthru]") */ var jsFileLoc='http://ptsd.eyewonder.com/ewr'; var ew20013410_tgtVals=new Object(); var ewbust="&ewbust="+new Date().getTime(); jsFileLoc+=("?cid=20013410"+ewbust); var ew20013410_tgtVectors=""; for(val in ew20013410_tgtVals){ if(val.length>0&&typeof(val)!='undefined')

I hope this helps you guys get to the bottom of the hangup issue--also hung up on two posts this morning. I wind up just using the back button and reloading the page-my post always makes it though, although the ad which was hanging me up shows next to my post.

Mikel likes this.
  8. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
  9. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here is the code of the ad page last time I posted from the iPad and it dumped me into the ad page.
    http://pastebin.com/kL0wdb3r

It looks as if it is just the google ad iframe or something.

Mikel likes this.
  10. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I just made a post and this time it hung up with no ad, just white screen. At the bottom of the status bar in the browser, it said ... transferring data from pubads.g.doubleclick.net--I wound up waiting 30 seconds, used the reverse key, and reloaded the page.
    As I type this it is saying ...transferring data from cdn.eyewonder.com,..although I am not getting the rotating "in progress" sign at the top.

11. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just responded in a thread in Safari Mac and saw only the ad box. This time view source (on Mac) showed much more page code, its at:

http://pastebin.com/CapstHEj

Don't understand why only the ad is showing, when I load the code manually it loads ok...

12. Mileage Junky
    Original Member

Mileage Junky Silver Member

Status Points:
    This same issue happens to me randomly as well.

13. ThatJohn
    Original Member

ThatJohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm also experiencing it on OS X in Safari with Flash uninstalled and can pretty reliably reproduce it. I have a screenshot if anybody's interested. (I'd upload it here but that doesn't seem to be working.)

14. NewbieRunner
    Original Member

NewbieRunner Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. I've had this happen a few times but after the first time I open another window to check if my post has appeared and simply close the original window.

The same OS version and browser, btw.

15. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've also seen this a few times on Chrome on OS X.

16. using Safari on OSX10.. it happens one out of 5-6 times.

17. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have had a few post reply's hang up my browser... the status bar shows "waiting for reply from..... doubleclick.... something" so I assume the ad's may have caused the hang up.... after going back to the forum I noticed my replies were added.

18. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I notice that when I do have this issue with a post, an ad usually appears within my post on the right side of the screen after I go back and refresh the screen-so it may have something to do with the ads.

After I refresh the screen a second time, however, the ad is no longer within my post

19. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm still trying to capture an HTTP request log of this when it occurs; no success yet, as it only happens when I don't have it running. :rolleyes:

20. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    Thanks all for the reports on this. I think we have what is causing this to happen figured out, working on figuring out a fix now.

21. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had this happen to me a few times in the first couple of days, then all was fine for a day or two. It happened to me just now for the first time in at least 24 hours. My posts are all "taking," so I just use my back button and move on to the next topic without attempting to re-post.

22. lallyr
    Original Member

lallyr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just happened to me right now too.

23. NewbieRunner
    Original Member

NewbieRunner Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can confirm the same problem happened a few times on another PC running Windows 7, Mozilla 3.6.13.

24. cockpitvisit
    Original Member

cockpitvisit Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same here. Could it be related to an ad blocker?

It appears to be hanging waiting for http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net, which my proxy server doesn't let through (it immediately reports 403 access denied to the browser).

Not a big problem though - despite the browser hanging up, the post does come through. It appears after I go back and refresh the page.

asmithLHR likes this.
  25. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    This post is actually a second test on my fix to the ad problem described in this very thread... :)