[Fixed] Can posts be edited?

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by The Points Guy, Feb 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. The Points Guy
    Original Member

The Points Guy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Will definitely need that feature, already would like to add info to a post!

2. Mikel
    Original Member

Mikel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Non-status members are currently able to edit posts for up to 5 minutes after submitting the post. Status members can edit posts indefinitely.

3. I don't understand the reasing behing this. Besides, aren't all beta testers "status members", whatever that is? Tough to build content, if I'm not allowed to edit and expand it.

4. Mikel
    Original Member

Mikel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry, forgot myself there for a moment and started throwing terms around as if you have all been working on the site for three weeks.

You can read more about the Status System, but the general idea is that, as members contribute in beneficial and valuable ways to the community they will gain status, and additional benefits. Silver status is the first status level and with it comes the added benefit of unlimited post editing.

It's true that all of the beta invitees are status members ... you simply haven't achieved that status quite yet. Like in most programs, the bar for Silver status isn't all that high and I for one am convinced many of you will find yourself there in no time at all. Still, we wanted to put the system into place for this beta period, rather than automatically launching all of you into a group with added benefits, so that we could gain some firsthand experience and make sure things are working as we would expect/hope.

So, in effect, you are a status guinea pig [​IMG]