Under Review Five image limit

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by Gargoyle, Mar 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    What is the status of the five image per post limit?
    I have seen two posts this morning with seven to ten embedded images, but when I tested it, I received the standard warning about a five image limit.

Is there a change which is still propagating through the system, or is it a glitch?

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. moa999
    Original Member

moa999 Gold Member

Status Points:
    In the early days I was also blocked with five emoticons yet saw others with more.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    still limited

3. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    You can get around the emoticon limit by using the bbcode to enter them. That said, I'm still seeing the five image limit, but I saw several posts with more photos and I'm not sure how that happened.
    :eek: :) :D (entered by typing the bbcode)

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have been blocked a couple fo times and have ended out making multiple threads to resolve that. Increasing the post count :), but makes the subject a bit tricky. I just was posting about hiking trails in Rio and left out many images because of that. Destination travel will gain a lot, and tourism also, if we can find a practical way to handle such issues. In my case training is part of the problem, I know.

5. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Here's the workaround for the five image limit:

If you're using the rich text editor, you hit the limit. Switch to bbcode editor, and there doesn't seem to be a limit. The only drawback is, once you do that, you can't preview the post with images showing- it will only show the img tag code in preview. Also, at that point, when you switch back to bbcode, it still shows the tag and not the preview.

Here's an example post I just did with ten images:
    http://milepoint.com/forums/posts/303327/

6. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    This is a topic that we have not yet made a decision on yet. I'll get this on the list though to make sure it is discussed on our next discussion on master list suggestions here. Thanks.