Five hotel-based celebrity chef restaurants

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by uggboy, Aug 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Five hotel-based celebrity chef restaurants:)

Eating out in a foreign city is always a gamble. It is perhaps easier to stick with those referred by friends or critically acclaimed hotel restaurant such as those below helmed by celebrity chefs.

MORE>......................
    http://www.businesstraveller.asia/asia-pacific/news/five-celebrity-chef-restaurants-in-hotels

incl.

LONDON
    Gordon Ramsay at Claridges
    The short-tempered celebrity chef, infamous for his generous garnishings of British sarcasm, has set up an outlet at the Claridges hotel in Mayfair serving modern European cuisine. Guests can also opt for the Chef’s table, located within the world-class kitchen, or throw parties in one of the three private dining rooms that have private street entrances too. Reservations are necessary.

And MORE! See LINK ABOVE!

Kalboz and Horse like this.
  2. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Although I do love nice restaurants, I feel like dining at the hotel restaurant lacks soul when you are visiting somewhere new. You really aren't opening yourself up to the food, lifestyle and culture of a new place.

However, when taken into context for business travelers, this makes more sense since time is short, expenses are paid for, convenience is a big factor and sometimes business lunches and dinners are required.

Horse and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It really depends what we all want and what we would like to experience and of course under which circumstances we travel.;)

I believe that Celebrity chefs are a big draw for many and sometimes the reason people choose a certain hotel to stay over another!:)

Kalboz and Horse like this.
  4. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Personally I think you might be over generallizing a bit with regards to hotel restaurants and perhaps one ought
    think of some them as great restaurants that happen to be in hotels. :)

There are a number of very good restaurants in particular that are in hotels expecially in Europe.
    One that springs quickly to mind is Hienz Beck's La Pergola in the Cavalieri the only Michellin three starred restaurant
    in Italy.