Five First-Class Tips to Getting Upgraded on Flights

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Canarsie, Aug 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    If this article is not useful — and I strongly suspect it will not be useful — then at least I hope that it provides some entertainment value.

Better yet, please post your tips to getting upgraded to the premium-class cabin. Your tips will likely be far more useful...

cordray2643 likes this.
  2. cordray2643
    Original Member

cordray2643 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This article is pretty interesting (not helpful). I found the tone of the article to be that upgrades to casual flyers happen alot and that you just need to know how to do it. Maybe I don't fly on those airlines, but I see very seldom upgrades to casual flyers unless the airline has put them through alot prior to getting them onto a plane.

Freddie Listo and UA191 like this.
  3. yaychemistry

yaychemistry Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've got a fool-proof way to get upgraded to first!!

Buy a first-class ticket.

4. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    so much for flying and getting elite status. Ill just smile, be nice, bring candy, dress nice and fly midweek and ill be good to go. lol

5. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    The chocolate idea is funny. I would give that a 1/10 chance of working. At $10 a box, it would probably be better to pay for the upgrade.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  6. Freddie Listo
    Original Member

Freddie Listo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hasn't Dovster been receiving upgrades, etc., simply because of his extraordinary good looks since the dawn of history for a long time?;)

7. Freddie Listo
    Original Member

Freddie Listo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, but why let the facts get in the way of a good story? ;)

cordray2643 likes this.
  8. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    cordray2643 likes this.
  9. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's hilarious. I fly out of ATL, I'm going to do my best to get to know the gate agents. You know, because there are only 1,000 of them or so.

The only non-status or non-wemessedup,youcansitinfirstsoyoudon'tcussusout upgrades I've ever seen were for military. A few months ago, I took a few flights where there were a few military guys upgraded and they were having a great time, first time sitting up front. Made for a lively, fast flight as well. They were all so excited to be home.

10. JSpira
    Original Member

JSpira Silver Member

Status Points:
    Amusing and perhaps the only "worthwhile" advice is to become an "elite" member of a FF program as elite members do indeed get more upgrades than non-elites.

I had to wonder if the person who gives gives to a "gate agent or a superintendent" has ever been in an airport. I've never seen a superintendent working at an airport, unless disguised as a passenger.

cordray2643 and Flyer1976 like this.