First time YYZ Maple Leaf Club guest visit - how to best do this?

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by amge55, Apr 18, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. amge55

amge55 New Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I are traveling to Asia in business class through YYZ with a 3 hour layover. We have our two adult kids in premium economy. I expect we'd spend that layover time in the Maple Leaf club. I would like to bring the kids in with us, but the day passes are $35CAD each. Is there a better way I can get them in there?

I've been able to do this on Delta but I have Diamond status...first time using Air Canada, so whatever insider tips you can offer would be appreciated.

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also, as PE pax, they can get access for $25 in their own right.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/destinations/fareoptions_int.html

At the risk of stating the obvious, there are three MMLs ("Lounge" not "Club") in YYZ, one each for Domestic, Transborder and International. It's the International one you want, just to the right of the escalators down to the departure area after you've walked half way to Asia in the terminal toward the International departures. It's a pretty decent lounge, and definitely the best of the three.

It would be great if you can post a trip report comparing your experience with your usual Delta experience.

Enjoy the trip!

mevlannen likes this.
  4. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    At further risk of indelicacy? -- use the loos in the MLL whilst aground, because the worst of the MLL loos is better than the best of the aircraft loos.

(the voice of long experience, here....)

Yours splashingly,

Elane

londoncalling and YULtide like this.
  5. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    One more small observation to add, prior to the re-railing of this poor wee thread, and that's concerning the much-maligned YYZ transborder MLL. It may be small, the food offerings may be inconsistent (and the coffee-machines often broken), but the showers are a glorious treasure beyond all expectation, especially at 0600 after one has spent the night aboard an overheated, noisy, snore-laden red-eye flight from YVR. My weary bones were refreshed by the copious deluge of tumbling water from the shower-head, and I was thus fortified for a day of hopping down to Boston and bopping-about on commuter-trains.

YULtide and Wandering Aramean like this.