First time using miles for tickets to Oslo, Norway and need help deciphering terminology.

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by freebird, Jan 15, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. freebird

freebird Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just checked UA's website for 3 tickets to Oslo, Norway, and it showed several different options for as low as 30,000 miles for one way ticket and as high as 125,000 miles.
    125,000 miles is out of the question, so it leaves me with 30,000 miles for UA Economy Saver Award with $15.10 or 55,000 miles for UA Economy Standard award with $15.10.
    So, what is "Economy Saver" and "Standard Award"? Am I going to give up some or all the Silver Premier benefits if I decide to go with 30,000 Economy Saver option?

2. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    The saver is just that, a reduced amount of miles needed to get a ticket. You'll be in Economy Class.

Standard Awards are the ones you can get at any time.

The $15.10 is just taxes and fees. Put your cursor/arrow over it, and a pop-up will itemize the taxes (likely, the taxes will be higher when you leave Oslo, as most European airports charge considerable departure/security/usage taxes).

If you're certain about the trip and the dates, I'd grab the Saver award ASAP....especially for three tickets.

You will have the same Silver benefits, Saver or Standard.

3. youpaiyou

youpaiyou Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow! That's a great price!

4. freebird

freebird Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info. I'll definitely reserve 3 round trip tickets at 60,000 miles per person. What a bargain compare to $900 round trip ticket per person. It sounds too good to be true. :)