First time booking Amex Plat Rate. A few questions

Discussion in 'Hertz | #1 Awards/#1 Club' started by mrredskin, May 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    New to the Amex Plat card and its respective CDP number with Hertz and upgrades.

I currently have a reservation at SAT on an upcoming Saturday afternoon for a day and I reserved a Mustang since it was only about $28. The full and green options were only a few dollars cheaper. If I changed my booking to one of those, would I still get an upgrade opportunity? If so, would the typical upgrade be to a premium category? It seems like I should just keep my current res since $28 seems like a very good rate. Sorry for the noob questions. The Plat CDP number makes my rental about $1-2 more expensive than a few others, but the 4 hour grace is a God-send for me for this rental. And yes I have registered for #1 gold status even tho everyone on the planet gets that status.

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    You could search for a current version of the T & C online, but it might be faster to call either AmEx PTS or Hertz #1 Gold and ask specifically about what your booking would normally upgrade to. However, many stations will give AmEx Plat program bookings additional upgrade categories depending on their inventory and reservations.

Last month at DEN, I booked a midsized car through PTS using a very cheap weekend rate and they upgraded me all the way to Category G. I think it was a Lincoln Town Car, although it did have high mileage and was showing it. Gas mileage was not so good and it was far more car than I needed, so the upgrade wasn't as good as it first seemed.

3. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    thanks.

the terms clearly state up to Full is what you will be upgraded from, so anything beyond that would just be luck I would think. It sounds like you have experience getting a several category upgrade via the Plat program booking?

It looks like the Mustang I have a res for is a Cat D4 (SSAR) with Sirius Radio per the list I see on FT. Do the upgrades go in order? Meaning a Cat D would upgrade to a YD, E or greater?