First Pullman opens in Morocco

Discussion in 'Accor | Le Club Accorhotels' started by uggboy, Mar 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    First Pullman opens in Morocco:)

SOURCE: http://www.businesstraveller.com/middle-east/news/first-pullman-opens-in-morocco

I'm glad that Accor lets the Pullman brand grow!

Kalboz, rwoman and TRAVELSIG like this.
  2. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am very confused with the Accor marketing strategy:

Pullman
    M-Gallery
    Sofitel
    Vie

I don't really know the difference between any of the brands except that the Sofitel sometimes costs more however the M-Gallery is classified as "5-Star" etc. I understand the difference between and IBIS and a Sofitel obviously- however the 4 brands are really close together.

uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Vie Hotel Bangkok is part of M Gallery! I'm not aware that Vie is a brand within Accor!;)

The others:

Sofitel is the most upscale to luxury brand at Accor, while there is a sub-brand called So Sofitel = which markets itself a bit like a W at Starwood!

Pullman is next after Sofitel, most upscale business hotels and some resorts, many are former Sofitel, but lately some new Pullman hotels are coming online which are new and conceived as a Pullman.

M-Gallery are a brand by Accor to assemble something of an boutique collection of 4 and 5 star hotels which are mostly not fit any brand under the Accor umbrella incl. The Muse or Vie in Bangkok and many others around the world. A great concept of individuality.

Novotel is the mid-tier business brand of Accor, very reliable and mostly well designed and located with great full service offerings around the world too.

Ibis, All Seasons and Etap are the budget offerings at Accor with mostly limited services and second-tier locations, but always well designed for the price point.

But the A Club By Accor, the loyalty program is one of the weakest in the industry, I wish Accor would simply drop this program and exchange ist against some meaningful program instead a la Hyatt, Starwood and Hilton.

:)

TRAVELSIG likes this.