First Mileage Run Complete...

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Handleman20, Nov 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Handleman20

Handleman20 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanksgiving weekend... CMH-DTW-HKG for 32 hours. 33K miles due to promotions. I feel good about that. Although I have some observations.
    1. 6'5" in coach from DTW to HKG... BAD! Very very BAD!
    2. I'm a foot taller than everyone in Hong Kong, as evidenced by my feet hanging off the bed, ducking in the shower, strange looks from people caught off guard by the shaggy guy towering over them, etc.
    3. In an effort to keep from getting lost, I treated the hotel like a spoke and only went straight line out and back, then repeat, and yet I still feel like I got a good idea of what the city was like.
    4. It smells quite different in Hong Kong.
    5. HKG to DTW in coach, even worse!
    All in all though, a very interesting first "non-North American" experience! And I managed to crack into Gold Water Buffalo-hood, which will be nice for the next 15 months. :)

alohastephen, brfort, viguera and 2 others like this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome back -- I do not think ANY of us would have recommended Y at 6'5"....but if the price works...well... ;)

3. Handleman20

Handleman20 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, the alternative jacked the price up outside my budget. Although in hindsight I should have considered the cost to my knees versus the cost of Eco+

alohastephen and rwoman like this.
  4. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    (Painful) lesson learned. ;) Sounds like it was a good trip other than the leg space though!

alohastephen likes this.
  5. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not recommended at 6'2" either. Could you not get exit or bulkhead?