First DoubleTree by Hilton in Mexico Welcomes Guests

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by uggboy, Sep 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    First DoubleTree by Hilton in Mexico Welcomes Guests:)

DoubleTree by Hilton Queretaro Represents First of Several Latin American DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels to be Introduced within the Coming Year

QUERETARO, Mexico, Sep 19, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- DoubleTree by Hilton proudly announces the opening of DoubleTree by Hilton Queretaro, the upscale, full-service brand's first hotel in Mexico. The DoubleTree By Hilton Queretaro, which will be operated under a management agreement with Hilton Worldwide, is conveniently situated within walking distance of the Queretaro Convention Center and the world-renowned La Correigidora football stadium. The Industrial Park El Marquez, Industrial Park Bernardo Quintana, Downtown and Cerro de las Campanas are all within a 10-minute drive.

Rob Palleschi, global head, DoubleTree by Hilton, said, "DoubleTree by Hilton is excited to introduce the first of many exciting new hotel offerings our brand will be opening in Mexico and across Latin America during the next several months. We look forward to welcoming the world's travelers to upcoming DoubleTree by Hilton locations in Panama City, Saltillo, Merida and Mexico City, along with outstanding locations now open in Mexico, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico and Peru, where guests can discover and enjoy our world-renowned DoubleTree by Hilton hospitality."

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/first-doubletree-by-hilton-in-mexico-welcomes-guests-2011-09-19

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    What is the purpose of opening a DT in a new country, why not just franchise a Hilton property?

uggboy likes this.
  3. javacodeguy

javacodeguy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Isn't Hilton trying to reposition DoubleTree as a more upscale brand? I'm sure opening their own will give them more control on doing just that. More importantly they want to have a more consistent product, which is difficult with tons of franchising. Just my thoughts.

uggboy likes this.
  4. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Reposition DT as more upscale to what? (other Hilton brands or a competitor).

If I were Hilton, I'd believe there is more brand equity in Mexico with the Hilton brand.

Would love to hear some marketing insight into the reasoning.

uggboy likes this.