First Class Terminal / First Class Lounge access

Discussion in 'FRA | Frankfurt International Airport' started by KyRoamer, Jul 14, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've never been to FRA before and need some advice.

I arrive FRA at 7:45 am from PHL on LH427 flying First Class. i depart at 10:25 am on LH 1486 for MSQ (Minsk). This gives me 2h40m on the ground.

I believe that I am entitled to access either the FCL or FCT. Is that correct.

I will be flying both into and out of terminal 1. Arriving from the States, do I have to clear immigration and customs at FRA? Do I have to do anything special to get to the departure gate to Minsk?

Do I have time to visit the FCT or what with the limited time should I just stay in Terminal 1 and use the FCL? How do I get to the FCT -- can we walk and if so how long should it take at a relaxed pace?

Thanks in advance.

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Only FCL, I believe, as you are not onward in F (2-cabin plane). Depending on where the plane arrives you should be able to remain in transit and not enter the Schengen zone.

Assuming you did have access to the FCT (again, I do not believe you will), walking there takes 15 minutes or so depending on where you arrive. Go out through baggage claim on the lower level and turn left outside. Walk against traffic, past the taxi queues and you'll see the building a couple hundred meters up on the left. It does require immigration in and out of Schengen.

KyRoamer likes this.
  3. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Assuming that it takes 30 minutes round trip and we need to be at the gate at least 30 minutes early, that only leaves an hour. And since deplaning takes time and we are new to the airport, I suspect that 30 to 45 minutes would be the most time available. But adding immigration in and out of Schengen, my guess is that will take up most of the remaining time. So even if eligible, I think we will just relax and enjoy the FCL.

If there is more than one FCL, any advice as to which is best?

Thanks.

eponymous_coward likes this.
  4. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    IIRC, you will have FCT access as long as your connecting flight is on LH, LX, or OS. With a 2.5 hour layover, I would go to the FCT.

KyRoamer likes this.
  5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Immigration back out of Schengen is handled in the FCT so no need to add time for that. And they drive you to the plane at the end of boarding generally so that's 30 minutes you mostly get back. I think you'd have an hour in the lounge but I still don't think you get access. And, other than the ride across the field in a car the amenities are pretty much the same.

6. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
  7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    OK...maybe the onward connection thing is working now. I'm still not entirely convinced that it is worth the walk just to get a car ride back to the plane, especially if you wouldn't otherwise queue to clear immigration, but it is one of those things which each person judges for themselves.

eponymous_coward likes this.
  8. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hmmm. It looks like FRA-MSQ departs from C, PHL-FRA arrives in A (with a cursory look at flightstats). There is a FCL at A-13.

This might be a tossup, going by the FT FAQ linked above:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014