First class seats on 757-200?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by viguera, Jun 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi everyone, I just booked JFK to PHX (A320) to HNL (757-200) and I'm wondering what the deal is with the seats on first class on the 757 segments.

According to seatguru, the recline of row 1 (which is mysteriously unavailable) is so extreme that row 2 is actually not all that great of a selection.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/US_Airways/US_Airways_Boeing_757-200_B.php

Incidentally, 3A also seems to have "limited recline" although I can't find any evidence of that.

So is there any actual truth to any of this? If the internet is to be believed, being on row 3 gives you limited recline and being on row 2 means you get squeezed by row 1... so you can't win unless you manage to grab row 1 (which has its own drawback since there's no floor storage).

Truth? Lies? And why is it so hard to find in-cabin pictures nowadays, when everyone has some sort of camera in their person? My guess is that they don't want to look like the rookie taking pictures of the first class seats, but come on!

:)

Thanks

2. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you tried:

http://www.airliners.net/search/

I'll go there when I want to see pics of cabins, aircraft, etc. Has a great search engine.

3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah I looked in there and couldn't find anything for US Airways that was recent... they have 4 cabin pictures of 757-200s, 2 older than 2002 and the other 2 don't show the first class section. :)

4. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was in 2a on such an aircraft last summer from ANC-PHL. I recall no problems other than getting my cocktails in a plastic cup, but I understand that has been improved.

viguera likes this.
  5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Cool. Thanks for the info.

6. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think you have the wrong configuration for US's 757s. Most planes to Hawaii are the following configuration.
    http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/US_Airways/US_Airways_Boeing_757-200_C.php

There are mainly 2 configurations for the US 757s, an East and a West.

The East config is 3 rows of 2x2 with angled lie-flat service used primarily for European services, with some domestic/Caribbean runs mixed in. Sometimes the seat map will block out 1 of the aisle seats in row 3 as a crew rest.

The West config is 3 rows of 2 on one side and 4 rows of two on the other. Historically there was a version of the west 757 with only 2 rows. I believe they have all been reconfigured. These are "domestic" style recliners with are a step above economy but may underwhelm some with about 38" pitch and a dated interior.

The West places fly routes with a flight number from 1-699. East planes fly routes 700 and above.

The first row of each cabin is typically blocked off for airport control in case any disabled or special services passengers need those seats.

viguera likes this.
  7. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    You are most certainly right... I was looking at the A320 JFK-PHX leg and return, which is 3x2. Looking at the res now I see the PHX-HNL segments are indeed 4 rows A/C and 3 rows D/F. Seatguru seems to think 4 A/C have limited recline, so I booked 3 A/C to/from HNL.

Thanks.