First class on LH - first timer questions

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Rasputin, Oct 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Rasputin

Rasputin Active Member

Status Points:
    I saw the pajama thread in a different section and it was helpful to some extent. I assumed that you can opt to take those pajamas and amenity kits home, if you would like to.

What about the headphones? LH gives Bose noise canceling headphones on its first class. Since, they are close to $400 retail, are we supposed to return them or is it OK take them home along with the rest of the amenity kit? Personally, I think it is unfair to the airlines, if passengers take those expensive headphones home. But, if taking them home is the norm, then I don't want to be missing out on it.

I have seen a few posts rave about the First Class Terminal (FCT) in Frankfurt. Do we need to do anything special in FRA to get access to FCT? Or should I just ask FA or gate agents to help me get to the FCT? For reference, I will be connecting in FRA with about 4+ hours of time to kill.

Is the car service from FCT to the flight automatic or do we have to request it separately?

Is the food better in FCT or is it better to skip it for meal service in the air?

What do we need to do to get a shower in FCT (do we need to ask someone for access)? Do we need to take our whole carry on with us or is there a locker facility to store the baggage and just carry what you need into the shower? I am guessing towels would be available.

Sorry about the long post and seemingly silly questions (I dare not ask such questions on FlyerTalk for the fear of being ridiculed).

I am just trying to maximize the First Class experience to the fullest extent, without making a fool of myself.

Thanks in advance for dealing with such a newbie like me.

2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. Rasputin

Rasputin Active Member

Status Points:
    thanks, for the link edekba. I should have searched for first class instead of pajamas.

edekba likes this.
  4. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
  5. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    The FA’s will collect the Bose headphones before you arrive at wherever airport you are landing at. No airline will give their First Class passenger a free Bose headphone after each flight. There would be thousands of those headphones on eBay if they did.

If you are connecting from another flight, you have to exit the main terminal through the arrivals level. Once you exit the main terminal, take a left and go straight down towards the taxi stand. Next to the taxi stand, you will see the First Class Terminal.

Here’s a map of showing the location of the First Class Terminal:
    [​IMG]

Here’s a picture of the First Class Terminal:
    [​IMG]

The car service from the FCT to the flight is automatic since there is no other form of transportation to the plane. You could always go back to the main terminal and walk to the gate but why do that if you’re already at the FCT.

Personally, I would rather eat at the FCT since the meals I had on-board weren’t great (NRT-FRA in A380 F and MUC-EWR in A343 F). Of course, everyone’s experience varies… The FCT has a great menu and occasionally changes..

There is someone who is in charge of the showers and you just go to him/her and ask for a shower room. If you want the rubber duck then you can ask them for one or ask them for the room with the bathtub which automatically comes with one. Towels and amenities are all given to you. It’s your choice whether you want to bring your carry-on inside the room since there’s a lot of space in the shower rooms. The shower rooms are probably three times the size of my current dorm room..

I hope you enjoy your time there since I miss it very much...

6. Rasputin

Rasputin Active Member

Status Points:
    Thank you Jimgotkp. That is a 'very' helpful and informative post. Wow! You posted the map too. Now, I think the FCT has to remain a fantasy because I do not think I can get past the Passport control with my Passport. I will do some research on whether I can get a Transit Visa or Schengen Visa soon enough for my trip in the last week of November.

Jimgotkp likes this.
  7. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    No problem. I hope you figure out a way to experience the FCT. I hear the FCLs are pretty nice and similar to that of the FCT except for the car service.

8. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    The first class lounges are very similar to the first class terminal in design and amenities and food. The B lounge offers car service if your connecting flight is departing from an apron (non-gate) position. If you can't enter Germany to go to the First Class Terminal, the first class lounges are still quite nice.

Do have the wiener schnitzel if it's on the menu when you're there. I *far* prefer eating off the menu rather than the buffet.

9. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    The food in the lounge is quite varied, some buffet and MANY cooked to order! they have the most amazing choice of alcohol (if you care), including something like 10 high class champagnes!
    BTW all the bose headphone I have seen on planes have plugs that would not work except on the plane.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  10. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just a couple of things to add: I think that the Noise Canceling headphones are only on the planes that have new F. The headphones on the planes with old F are nothing special to speak of (nor is the IFE, which has a tiny screen). Also, I think that the B lounge offers car service to any non-Schengen flight, not just ones at an apron position.

As others have pointed out, the FCL and the FCT are very similar in amenities, and the food in each is very good, outstanding if you remember that this is an airline lounge. I had a full meal in the lounge and just saved room for the caviar onboard; the rest of the food is good, but not as good as on the ground, IME. The wall of scotch is something to behold!

11. rodeojones

rodeojones Silver Member

Status Points:
    merice107 likes this.