First Class Meal ordering

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by scootles, Aug 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Hi all,

I haven't been on a transcon US Airways flight for sometime. Is there an order that the meal selection is taken in First Class? The old days were east to west started in row 1, and worked up, while the west to east started in the back row, and worked forward. Any help would be much appreciated, since I am traveling with my 10 year old son, and at least he may have a choice of food, rather than not eating anything.

Do they still offer special meals when ordered in advance?

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  2. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't know about special meals...but from my experience since they rolled out first class updates in April, I've predominently seen them start at the front and move backwards. One time I had a flight attendant who jumped all over the cabin taking orders...I can't be sure, but it seemed like she was going based on status or something like that.

3. dcpatti
    Original Member

dcpatti Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's supposed to be from the front on even-numbered flights, from the back on odd-numbered flights. I've seen this honored consistently but have heard of some FA's doing it by status.

From what I understand, special meals are only offered on transatlantic flights and other flights with proper Envoy cabin and service.

desert_gecko likes this.
  4. desert_gecko
    Original Member

desert_gecko Silver Member

Status Points:
    Every flight I'm on when I've been upgraded has always been front to back.

5. richinaz
    Original Member

richinaz Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just flew flights 85 and 285 (or it was 265) and both times it was front to back. I haven't had a single flight where it was back to front or via status. I guess it is hard to teach old dogs new tricks :)

The FA was kind of weird in that every time he went to the galley he would close the curtain. It didn't matter whether he was getting dinners to serve or drinks for a person. It was walk to the galley, close curtain, open curtain, deliver item(s) and repeat the process. I was wondering whether he was drugging the food or simply thought passengers would prefer not to see him work. I did see him charging his iphone and looking at it a few times (the plug is outside the curtain). Otherwise he did a good job but we had no hot towels and only a metal fork, the knife/spoons were plastic.