First Class Lounge review - Frankfurt

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by swisshera, Aug 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. swisshera
    Original Member

swisshera Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got back home and got the pleasure to take Lufthansa and Swiss first class from JFK - MUC -HKG- ZRH - FRA - JFK.

The service was quite good I have to say. I went to the wrong area in FRA and the reception told me they will arrange a Limo transfer and drop me off at the right spot. Sweet! I got a limo transfer before from Swiss air and they used a Van for 5 of us. This time around, it was only me and another person, and they got us into a Porsche Cayenne. No one should be doing max speed under the planes but at least it was quite a ride.

The first class lounge also have dayrooms which is my favorite. It is like a small hotel room with bed and shower, not to mention they offer a full menu in the main dining area.

Oh yes the duckie, so I collected one with the "mask" on, can't wait to get my next one.

The first class lounge at FRA is quite similar to the one in MUC actually. I was told that there is a first class terminal in FRA, I didn't get my foot there if there is one.
    DSC00641.JPG DSC00645.JPG DSC00644.JPG DSC00636.JPG DSC00635.JPG DSC00602.JPG DSC00618.JPG DSC00639.JPG DSC00640.JPG

gba, OY-JFS, mdtravel and 3 others like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    An amazing pleasure indeed! Thanks for sharing your insights and awesome photos with us on MP!:)

jbcarioca and swisshera like this.
  3. My wife & I flew through there last week. We don't fly first class but we used miles for a once in a lifetime experience. That qualified us for the lounge; we chose not to walk over to the terminal. After an overnight flight (ORD - FRA) and facing a three hour layover we took advantage of the showers; a great way to refresh and raise the energy level (didn't know about the ducks; sorry to have missed out!). The rest of the lounge also promotes relaxation, from the amount of personal space the seat groupings provide to the buffet and personal service. In a perfect world flying would be closer to this experience and a little less like the impersonal crowded experience it normally is for us at the back.

swisshera likes this.
  4. swisshera
    Original Member

swisshera Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh that's nice!! I used the shower room too and no duckie in sight, I was reading somewhere that the duckies appear only in the Jacuzzi room. You are not missing out, or try again next time. Next thing you know it, you will be collecting them :)

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Correct that duckies are in the Jacuzzi (actually more a tub than a Jacuzzi) rooms. You can ask nicely to the cleaning attendants and perhaps they may find a lost little duckie?

swisshera and jbcarioca like this.
  6. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks swisshera. I have taken no photos, but now I know I should have. Well done!:)

swisshera likes this.