First Churn Advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by andhoova, Mar 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. andhoova

andhoova Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm new to points and miles. My wife and I are planning several trips this year, the main one being to Argentina in Nov/Dec. Based on my research the best options are probably American Airlines to get to Argentina and then use oneworld partner LAN while in Argentina OR Delta to get to Argentina and fly Skyteam partner Aerolíneas Argentinas domestically while we are there. The other will be a shorter trip to Europe this summer.
    That said, my wife and I both just unsuccessfully tried the 2 browser trick (I was approved for the Amex and she was approved for the Visa) with 50,000 miles. I’m probably going to try to write us both a letter to the reconsideration department once we get the denials in the mail. Anyway, I’m hoping to get some advice on my first churn. I was thinking about the following, based on where I want to travel this year if there are any other recommendations I’d love the input.

Citi AAdvantage Amex - Been approved and waiting for the card with 50K sign on bonus

Chase British Airways Visa – If I get this card, can I use the miles to book trips on LAN while in Argentina?

American Express Premier Reward Gold – Not sure if this will help with my trip but it is such a good deal I should probably jump on it

My current cards are the AMEX HHonors Surpass (for purchasing Vanilla Reloads), and the Chase Marriott Visa Card. My wife has the Capital one Venture card. Are these good choices and what else would you all recommend? I could probably handle the spending on 1 or 2 more cards this cycle. Thanks

2. Schali

Schali Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just go the Chase Priority Club card with 80K points - you can get rooms using "cash and point" together

3. andhoova

andhoova Silver Member

Status Points:
    If I go with the Chase British Airways Visa can I use this to book flights on LAN to travel around South America? What else should I go after?