First Award Booked! Asiana seat selection question.

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by muerdeme, Feb 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. muerdeme

muerdeme Member

Status Points:
    I just booked my first award flight! AUS -> SFO -> ICN -> HKG, PVG -> ICN -> SFO -> AUS for the wife and I next October. Transpacific and China flights will be in Asiana business class, courtesy of the US Airways Dividend Miles south Asia sweet spot.

I managed to get the Asiana seat selection tool to work thanks to a Flyertalk thred, but one leg (PVG -> ICN) isn't showing up for me. Managed to select all of my wife's seats without a problem (the leg isn't missing for her). Has anyone run into this problem before? Should I call US Airways or Asiana to resolve?

miles and smiles and AUSsie like this.
  2. AUSsie

AUSsie Silver Member

Status Points:
    Generally, it will be the operating carrier you will deal with in terms of seat assignments. I haven't had the pleasure of Asiana's tool, but something similar happened to me with Lufthansa. A quick call to them cleared it up for me.

Welcome to Milepoint!

3. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    What ever you do figure it out now. I had that issue on a UA award and it was an indicator that the ticket was not ticked and I had to figure out anonther route.

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't forget that China requires a visa in advance.

5. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    My understanding is that Hong Kong doesn't typically require a visa for less than 90 days for US citizens. Don't know about the rest of china but HKG is different.

6. olmangsr

olmangsr Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd call Asiana first and check if they can see you on the flight.if yes get a PNR/ticket number . if you're not on the flight give a call to US airways and have the segment re-ticketed.unfortunately this sometimes, for me it was with an LH intra european segment and they had to issue it 3times !