First at flea market prices?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by 7Continents, Sep 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. 7Continents
    Original Member

7Continents Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just booked JFK-LHR in F for less than the cost of discounted J. Available on multiple flights. I checked the end of December and was amazed. Also booked return on BA in J using the IB codeshare at just a bit over the price for AA J (I love leaving from LHR T5, T3 can be such a pit and Galleries is much nicer than Admirals even after the refurb). AA F would still have been a bit cheaper but on a day flight I'd rather do BA J than AA F.
    Anyone know where this sale is mentioned?

wrxmom, rwoman, marcwint55 and 3 others like this.
  2. John777

John777 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow...looks like less than $2k all in. $889 JFK-LHR and $1161 LHR-JFK. Great deal.

This is typically a low point for business travel, so I'm not surprised that premium fares are cheaper. As for F being less than J...I do find that surprising.

marcwint55 likes this.
  3. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    Also valid between CDG and JFK it seems. And if you return from CDG, you save the British Air Passenger duty (although the fare seems slightly higher). France also has a tax but it is lower -- Brussels used to be way better but alas, AA is gone from there now.

marcwint55 likes this.
  4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    BRU has life in it till the first week of November at least, not quite gone yet. :)

marcwint55 likes this.
  5. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    great deals presently available. wish I could take advantage of them, but already have other plans to tough it out in Hawaii.