First AA Award Booking Question

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by edekba, Dec 2, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi ... so I'm about to book my first AA award ticket and had a few questions that I hope someone can help clarify.

1. If I book an award (ie HND - SFO) and then later add a segment (SFO - JFK ) [same day so no stopover ... just an under 24hr layover] will there be a fee? We cant decide if we want to do one city or another just yet...
    2. With CX; if we wanted to book F but there isnt any right now, we can just book J and if/when F opens up we call AA to rebook and there won't be a fee but just more miles being taken correct?
    3. If we book F now but its not on the optimal day, if/when the day that would work better for us opens up can we change it w/o a fee?
    4. Could I do LAX <-> JFK/ORD <-> HKG ? Or is the MPM too high for that?

Thanks!

2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    1. You will be charged a fee due to a change in city pairings.
    2. No addt'l fee except difference in miles.
    3. Yes, but you have to take into consideration the connecting flights (if you have any)
    4. MPM between LAX-HKG via the Pacific is 10,872 (25% over the regular MPM). LAX-ORD-HKG is 9,539, so it should be allowed. LAX-JFK-HKG is 10,547, so it should be allowed but it would be at the agent's discretion since it's quite a backtrack and not the most direct routing.

daninstl and edekba like this.
  3. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    can i change dates w/o a penalty?