Finnair to test anti-jet lag headsets

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by sobore, Mar 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

"Introducing the Valkee bright light headset is one way of adding interesting experiences onboard Finnair flights," Finnair vice president Jarkko Konttinen said.

"Finnair is an innovative airline and we actively look for new ways to improve the wellbeing and comfort of our passengers," he added.

According to the carrier, the headset works by emanating a bright light into the brain via the ear canal, thereby stimulating passengers and helping them to better adapt to jet lag.

"Bright light headset simulates the effects of daylight by channeling bright light through the ear canal to very close proximity of the tissue in need of treatment, in the brain," the airline said in a statement.
    xristopher likes this.
  2. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Interesting... would be better if they remove the entertainment or is it media fee for their ear/headphones :D I was told to remove mine one time when I was flying with Finnair just because I didnt pay the fee & I was using my phone stuff....:confused: