Finding Upgrade Inventory On Continental Website

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by chitownflyer, Feb 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can someone please post info on how to find CO First and Business class upgrade award inventory on the Continental site? Can this also be searched on the UA site for NC? Thanks in advance.

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    On the UA site if in expert mode and there are any award seats (upgrade or just regular) then it will show the R bucket. If you do not see that then it is R0 and no seats available. On CO you have to click on the advanced search option and check the box towards the bottom to search for upgrades. It will list the flights that have upgrades available.

Not particularly easy.

3. chitownflyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. Do you know whether it is likely that the UA website will be kept once the merger goes thru or may it be the CO site? I think the UA site is far better at displaying info.

4. J.Edward
    Original Member

J.Edward Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't think they've announced that yet -- but seeing as how CO's IT will be the platform for the new UA, I'd *guess* the new site will be more of the current CO one thanthe UA one.

Regardless of how the site looks in the end, hopefully they decide to keep the unique benefits of each site (expert more from UA, standby/upgrade lists as well as reward searches from CO, etc.) going forward.

5. Renard
    Original Member

Renard Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am hoping that the 'expert mode' of UA.com can somehow live on in the 'new incarnation' of united.com Continental.com has some nice feature, but the 'expert mode' showing the fare class availability trumps them all, imho.

6. chitownflyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The United website's expert mode enables one to see all available fare claases and upgrade inventory. I hope this is kept for the combined website regardless of whether it is more CO or UA based.

7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't get me wrong - I'm absolutely a travel geek - but what is the value of seeing the numbers versus the yes/no of whether an upgrade is available? Just because a flight is NC3 now doesn't mean it will be tomorrow. It could be NC5 or NC0. What really matters is what the number is when you go to book, and then it is a binary result: there are or there are not enough seats.